close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

G33 conversion to 9mm details (Bonus G29 inquiry)

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by 19or26Infinity, Nov 7, 2011.

1. 19or26Infinity

19or26Infinity

Hi GT members,

I have heard of many converting the G27 to shoot 9mm with the notorious LW 40 to 9 barrel. But that LW does not sell an actual .357 SIG to 9mm barrel. That being said, owners of Glock .357 SIG have mentioned the 40-to-9 works.

The questions:

1) Is this 100% (or as close to 100%) reliable as a standard stock barrel?

2) Does the conversion require a new extractor (plus x parts) as well as 9mm mags (to go 357 to 9)?

Backstory:
    I currently own a Gen 3 G19. My next buy (yes, I have the bug) was to be a G26. But after spending time at GT, it inspires getting creative and resourceful.

Another idea is to get the G29. As I've read it can shoot 40 S&W without any alterations.

1) Is this true? Bone stock a G29 can reliably fire 10mm and 40 S&W?

2) Can the G29 shoot 9mm (parabellum) as well as 9x25 Dillon? Yes/no, if so ...what mods required?

3) I have only read about the ability to convert a 10mm Glock to 9x25 Dillon (making it a 5 caliber pistol) but never somebody actually shooting it. Has anybody out there shot this size? What interests you ballistically about the cartridge?

These ideas popped up after looking at General Glocking most every evening over the past few months. I have been saving up for the next Glock and getting very close to my goal. So my original idea to get the 26 has been challenged by curiosity from reading about GT'ers choosing their next Glocks based on cartridge flexability/modularity.

2. G23Gen4TX

G23Gen4TX

A 27 with a LWD 9mm barrel is what I have. Great weapon for carry. Put the 9mm barrel in and it's cheaper to shoot and get a .357 SIG barrel if you want that too.

3. sulaco

sulaco 10mm Junky

I asked the same question about shooting 40 in a 10mm Glock and the answer was, "not a good idea". Search for my posts and you'll see it.

As for the conversion to 357 Sig, that question has also been answered a few times here. I don't recall the details so try a search and see what you come up with if nobody chimes in.

4. HAMMERHEAD

HAMMERHEAD

Glock .40 and .357s have identical slides and frames so a conversion for one is a conversion for the other. You can also swap Glock .40 and .357 barrels.

.40 in a 10mm Glock is best done with a conversion barrel.
    (there's a very nice 29 with .40 conversion for sale in the classifieds)