G30SF Grip Plug?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by RollingThunder0, Feb 13, 2014.

1. RollingThunder0

Expand Collapse
    Glock N00b

Feb 4, 2014
    I am looking for a grip plug for my Gen 3 Glock 30sf. :faint:

I purchased one and later found out it is for a Gen 3 Glock 21SF (and still have it, will sell for $10).

In the past, Pearce made a G30SF grip plug that fits G30SF's that were made before either 2006 or 2012, and it will not fit any G30SF that was made after that year. My G30SF is used, so I'm not sure if I can use this or not, regardless, I really want one that extends to be flush with the bottom of the magazine base plate. I can't believe it's this difficult to just have a COMPLETE GRIP. What the hell was Glock thinking?

I'm sure there have been, and are, many people out there who have wanted a grip plug for their somewhat newer G30 or G30SF and I'm curious if any of these people have had any luck.

Different G30(SF) question - I've heard the 9 round .45acp mag for the G30/G30SF will fit the G29 pearce pinky extension. I'm would really like to have someone confirm or deny this before I go buy a 9 rounder and the G29 pearce extension - if anyone knows the answer to this Glock mystery :wow:, please fill me in.

Thank you all for your time :supergrin:

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
    #1 RollingThunder0, Feb 13, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2014
  2. March817

Expand Collapse

May 12, 2011
    The G29 Pearce extension will fit a G30 9rd mag. You will need to find out when your G30SF was made in order to know if the old Pearce plug will fit.

3. tager

Expand Collapse

Feb 4, 2010
    Morning RollingThunder0;

I made one for my 30-S from a Pearce PG-F129 as a starting point. (the 30-S is about the same frame as you 30SF

It took a fair amount of sanding & filing with frequent trial fits but with about 25 minutes of sanding & precision filing it fits pretty darn good & looks great.

I had to lengthen the slot in the grip plug slightly to allow the barrel part to pinch in to more of a taper, then sand it to a further taper, but with a lot of persistence it slid right in with a fairly tight friction fit.

To positively retain the grip plug in the grip of my 30-S I drilled a small hole .081" in the back of the grip plug "in the very center of the factory lanyard hole of the gun grip" then used a small #2/56 stainless steel screw that it's head was just slightly smaller than the factory hole. First I blued/blacked the stainless screw using SS-370.

Plug looks just as good as the Pearce plugs in my other Glocks (just involves more work to get one to fit the 30-S/30SF
  4. J.Spencer

Expand Collapse

Feb 10, 2015
    i believe glockmeister has one...
  5. lyodbraun

Expand Collapse

Jan 3, 2012
    NW Ohio
    I got mine long time ago from pearce, fits prefect If you find one for the G4 30 it'll fit as well.. Might take some time to locate them though[​IMG]
  6. Boco

Expand Collapse

Feb 24, 2015
    I am going to try to look for one next time I go to the store