close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

G30 Range Report

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by G19Paul, Jul 21, 2012.

1. G19Paul

G19Paul

Working on my familiarity with my new (to me) G30. Since my purchase I have shot about 600 rounds with two varieties of magazines.

Today was 400 rounds of cheap lead bull-nosed reloads (230 grain) that I grabbed on sale at a chain sporting goods store. This was a mixed bag of brass and nickle casings. I have always enjoyed that my Glocks will shoot anything I buy in the proper caliber. I have never had a stock Glock that was fussy with ammunition. I also shot a half of box of Golden Saber 185 grain brass jacketed defense ammo.

As anticipated (and assumed these days) I did not experience any sort of failure. An occasional ejected case came straight back and landed on my right shoulder.

I concentrated in the 15 foot distances today, at an indoor range. I loaded 5-rounds at a time into each magazine and somewhat practiced my mag-release and reloading. The mag-dumping was orchestrated so that it fell into an open carry bag sitting on my lane shelf instead of not caring where the magazine fell. My main focus was to insure that none of the four magazines had any issues with falling out on their own. None did. I really like the 9-round shorties and have no problem shooting with my pinkie doing nothing.

I am going to do another few visits to the indoor range and then hit my bud's outdoor steel plates. There I can do rapid fire, double-taps, and various positions. Once I get done there I think I'll have my G30 "graduate" to the EDC role.

In the targets pictured below.... seems I have the ability to fling one low and left on occasion. Otherwise fairly decent groupings where they count.

[​IMG]

Cheers to my fellow sheepdogs!

2. porschedog

porschedog

Congrats on a great shooting gun

I got a G30 a few weeks ago and am thoroughly enjoying it, too