G30 pocket carry?

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by Eric2340, Nov 30, 2013.

1. Eric2340

Eric2340
    Expand Collapse
    Infidel :)

Anyone besides me pocket carry a G30?

I KNOW this may sound insane, and yes it is obviously MUCH easier to do the same with my G26 :), but I have been trying this as of late and I am amazed at how well it has worked.

I wear mostly cargo style shorts 95% of the time as I live in So. Fla and it's hot/warmer here 10 months out of the year :). I'm also no light weight either at 300 lbs and 5'9", so a size 46 cargo short does not hurt either.

Granted it DOES get a little heavy after a while, but it is better than nothing, or off body carry like I was doing with a Maxpedition bag. But as they say guns are supposed to be "comforting" to carry, NOT "comfortable". :)

Just wondering how many of the rest of you can pull this off too. I'd love to get my hands on a 9 round G30 mag and then have GAP make one of their floor plates for it they do with the G26 size guns - that would help with carrying the G30 like this that much more, but it is still doable with even the Pearce 10 round floor plates on it.

Thanks!

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. Larry V

Larry V
    Expand Collapse

Carry mine in Dickies Cargo pants with the zipper flap , Plenty of room and conceals well

3. GRT45

GRT45
    Expand Collapse
    Transform & Win

The G30 Gen4 (and formerly G30SF) is my EDC pistol using a variety of holsters, but I haven't got the body style or wardrobe to make pocket carry work. It's good to read that some people can pull it off.

It could be a long wait for a GAP floorplate on the G30 9-rnd mag if they haven't made one by now. It's aggravating that some vendors neglect the large frame Glocks for their cool accessories, but it's all about sales volume versus development cost and overhead.

I believe the Pearce PG-29 +0 grip extension on the G30 9-rnd mag is the closest thing to a GAP floorplate available now (see photo below from GT member Butch).

[​IMG]

#3 GRT45, Nov 30, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2013
  4. Bruce M

Bruce M
    Expand Collapse

Seems a bit large and heavy but obviously if the pockets are big enough it will work. I have put my G30 in shorts pocket with someone unknown at the door but of course I did not have to move far or have it in the pocket for long.

5. Eric2340

Eric2340
    Expand Collapse

Go to post # 7 -

http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?p=20784227#post20784227

I had contacted GAP some time ago and was told then it would not be done b/c it was too much $$ @ the time (right after they had started I believe) but now I guess they have sold enough of them they are starting to expand their line.

I LOVE the one's on my G26, I'm going to chase down a 9 round mag in anticipation of GAP's product coming out. :)

I can't imagine this (my G26) in a G30SF :)

[​IMG]

#5 Eric2340, Nov 30, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2013
  6. Eric2340

Eric2340
    Expand Collapse

I know some of mine are Wrangler shorts from Wally World and the other ones are part of my work uniform (they are black so they go with anything) and I believe they are Dickies also.

Regardless, the right front pocket is big enough to carry mine in and then one 13 round G21 mag with a Pearce +2 on it is PLENTY for me.

Nothing like toolin' around with 26 rounds of .45 on you to make you feel better about the world. :) LOL

7. garander

garander
    Expand Collapse

Been shoving my 30 in my carhart jeans. The pocket opening is tight and it stops the butt from falling all the way in. I love it. Finally got off my les baer kick and have been on a huge glock 30 kick lately.

8. 1-2man

1-2man
    Expand Collapse
    Part Time

Nope (but I do occasionally throw a Glock 29 in there. :) )

9. uzimon

uzimon
    Expand Collapse
    team ftp

Ive packed a g19 in a cowboy boot in downtown houston so id say yes, a 30 will work in a pocket with loose enough pants

10. Case de Callier

Case de Callier
    Expand Collapse

This. It's like, it's not there.

11. SCmasterblaster

SCmasterblaster
    Expand Collapse
    Millennium Member

What - 29 ounces loaded? It doesn't weigh a whole lot.

12. Paul53

Paul53
    Expand Collapse
    Geezer Boomer

This just in! Glock pistols, formerly thought of as indestructible have been found disintegrating from the nasty effects of pocket lint!

13. ithaca_deerslayer

ithaca_deerslayer
    Expand Collapse

I pocket carry an LCP, but not my 26.

A 30 is on my wish list :)

14. Dave514

Dave514
    Expand Collapse

It looks like I have a gun in my pocket. A pretty big one.

15. pscyclepath

pscyclepath
    Expand Collapse

I do it from time to time, and get away with it. Still looking for a comfortable holster, so it often rides in a Sticky holster IWB, or slips into my right front pants pocket. I've even carried my G22 in my pocket, with my shirt untucked, two or three times. Not something for skin-tight jeans, though...

16. GRT45

GRT45
    Expand Collapse
    Transform & Win

Below is the email I received today (12/02/2013) from the Sales department at GAP Enterprises, Inc. regarding GAP floorplates for the G30.

Much thanks for your interest in our Finger Rest Extensions (FREs) for Glock.

Regarding an FRE for the G29/30, a few years back, we designed a prototype magazine for the 9-round G29/30 mag, but that mag is no longer in production; therefore, it's unfortunately not financially viable for us to manufacture an FRE for that mag.

We tried a FRE prototype for the 10 round mag, but the design was problematic. That said, we did eventually craft a working FRE for the 10 round mag; however, due to the size of the extended 10-round mag, while ergonomically sound, we did not feel the FRE was practical...and you are correct: the 9 round FRE won't work on the 10 round FRE due to the size difference in the magazines.

With all that in mind, we have had a large volume of recent customer requests and inquiries regarding a FRE for the G29/30 (both 9 and 10 round mags). This combined with the release of the G30S is hopefully an indication of the resurgence in popularity of the G29/30 line.

If so, we'll revisit financing a production run of the corresponding FREs. So, while I unfortunately cannot provide you with a solid "yes" or an exact date, I will recommend to keep monitoring our website (www.concealablecontrol.com) next year as we will immediately post any updates

Best regards,

#16 GRT45, Dec 2, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2013
  17. MotorCityBear

MotorCityBear
    Expand Collapse

Is that a Glock 30 in your pocket or are you just happy to see me?