close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

G30 holster from Tommy Theiss shipped today!

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by ashecht, Apr 12, 2012.

1. ashecht

ashecht

Feb 10, 2010
    Charlotte NC
    Got the email that my holster shipped today. Only two weeks from when I placed order. Wonder how long before it get here to nc! Can't wait for my G30 to join my EDC rotation. Approximately 100-150 rounds through it. The only issue I have with it, is I can't get rid of the ***** eating grin on my face each time I shoot it!

2. DRJ1911

DRJ1911

Jun 30, 2011
    Congrats on the new holster and the G30. Tommy's holsters are my favorite for this type of holster. I also have a new G30sf and it is my new favorite Golck. I need to order another from Tommy for my G30.

Doyle

3. vinstang67

vinstang67

Jan 15, 2012
    TN
    Congrats.

I like mine from Tommy.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

4. jb1911

jb1911

Sep 21, 2011
  5. Folsom_Prison

Folsom_Prison Brew Crew

May 2, 2010
    Midwest

Do they come with the combat style cut or is that extra?

6. Leathernecker

Leathernecker More Glocks!

Dec 6, 2007
    I bought one, got a call from Tommy within five minutes of the order hitting his computer, received it so quick I wondered if he lived next door to me and had just slipped it into the mailbox, and quickly got to wearing it as my favorite holster.

One problem though, I lent it to a buddy to try out and that was two months ago. I keep offering him one of Tommy's cards so he can order his own, but he just keeps offering to buy me a new one since he doesn't want to go without mine while he waits on his own.

Keep up the good work, Mr Theis. I recommend your holsters to everyone except the liberals who don't carry.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2012
  7. jb1911

jb1911

Sep 21, 2011
    They come that way.

8. Folsom_Prison

Folsom_Prison Brew Crew

May 2, 2010
    Midwest
    Nice I cut my supertuck myself because I didn't want to pay extra for the combat cut.

9. janice6

janice6 Silver Member

Apr 4, 2006
    minnesota
    Nice holster. I have a new one too. He makes one for .357 Rhino.

10. jb1911

jb1911

Sep 21, 2011
    I never could understand why you should pay more for less leather.

11. JParham

JParham Member

Jan 13, 2012
    Texas
    Might sound dumb but how do you cut it yourself? What is the best way? Just ordered a supertuck without combat cut but considering doing it myself.
    Thanks

G26 Gen 4
    Posting from my IPhone.

12. ashecht

ashecht

Feb 10, 2010
    Charlotte NC
    I have cut others myself and it's easy. Put gun in holster and take a sharpie and mark how much has to be cut to expose the amount of gun grip u want to expose. Then trim off a bit LESS leather. Repeat, taking off just a bit more leather till u get it where u want it. Remember, you can't put some back on after u cut it. I like to be able to get my whole hand on the grip when drawing

13. roadkill46

roadkill46

Aug 6, 2009
    i have 6 of Tommy's holsters and won't buy any others. i have trimmed some of them up due to different pants loop locations on different pants but that's about it. his leather is thick enough to actually move the OWB slots in more and cut the original ones off and it still is perfect. (i don't do IWB) cut down the sweat guard on one for a P99c down to minimalist and with my best leather gun belt it just melts into my waist line. (i always wear an undershirt anyway so didn't need the extra leather to protect skin) great holsters! he made all my GLOCK (for the forum) ones and then a special one for a full size Walther P99AS with a TDR magnetic activated rail mounted laser. Perfect!!!!

14. Slug71

Slug71

Mar 7, 2010
    Oregon - U.S.A
    I'll probably get an M&P Shield and get another on of his holsters. I wanna get a Gen4 G38 and will probably get one for that too since it will be my woods/winter carry gun.

15. JParham

JParham Member

Jan 13, 2012
    Texas
    But like how do you cut the leather? A razor knife? Some scissors? Any tips or tricks would be appreciated.

G26 Gen 4
    Posting from my IPhone.

16. ashecht

ashecht

Feb 10, 2010
    Charlotte NC
    You can cut the leather with a utility knife and a fresh blade