close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

G30/30s

Discussion in 'GATE Self-Defense Forum' started by joeshdog, Feb 18, 2013.

1. joeshdog

joeshdog

Mar 17, 2011
    Mas, your response to an "ammo" question got me wondering about the diff between the G30/29 and the new G30S.
    Your reply: (The G30 shares its platform with the powerful 10mm G29. I for one wouldn't worry about its longevity with .45 +P.)
    With the G30S having the thinner slide would it be limited to reg .45 ammo and also eliminating the 10mm option? Trying to decide which 30 l want and this could weigh on the outcome.

Thanks for being here!

2. Mas Ayoob

Mas Ayoob KoolAidAntidote Moderator

Nov 6, 2005
    Sorry it took four days to answer. Since the 30S was created specifically for an LAPD unit which, last I knew, issued Federal Tactical 230 grain +P .45 ACP, I was pretty confident that it wouldn't be a problem. However, I wanted to confirm that with Glock.

Took me until today to do that, but my factory source confirms that Glock has no heartburn with you running +P .45 in either the G30S or the G36.

best,
    Mas

3. joeshdog

joeshdog

Mar 17, 2011
    No problem, appreciate your research. l would guess there will be no 10mm conv barrel like other 30's due to the thinner slide. LGS has 30's coming in but no time frame on when. Getting antsy. Thanks, take care

4. joeshdog

joeshdog

Mar 17, 2011
    Do you think there will be conversion barrels for the 30S to shoot 10mm, and have you heard any negatives about the new model other than a little more felt recoil?

5. Mas Ayoob

Mas Ayoob KoolAidAntidote Moderator

Nov 6, 2005
    I don't know if Glock has looked at a slim-slide compact 10mm or not. Their latest introductions, the 30S and the Gen4 30, were in the works well before the panic buying frenzy that began three months ago. They are currently backordered 800,000 to a million pistols, so I suspect it'll be a while before any new Glock variations come out of the factory.

best,
    Mas