close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

g27 vs m&p Shield .40

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by GlockSwagg, Jun 10, 2012.

Tags:
  1. DaBurna

DaBurna

Jun 8, 2008
    Bama Boy
    I was cool with this statement until this sentence... I carry my Shield9 just like my Glocks... You don't even have to use the manual safety. It has a trigger safety & w/ proper holster, it's a moot point.

2. BuckyP

BuckyP Lifetime Member

Feb 1, 2005
    PA
    Nope, you are right. It is only +1. I haven't used it since I got a GAP base pad for the flush fit mag.

Mine only says +, no numbers. I remember it being "11 rounds", but obviously that was counting the one in the chamber. :embarassed::embarassed:

3. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

Dec 17, 1998
    Roanoke, Virginia
    If you plan to shoot it very little then get the Shield. If you plan to shoot a lot then get the G27. When designed and developed, prototype Glocks are tested to 25,000 rounds. I doubt the Shield would last that long.

4. chemboy

chemboy

Jun 9, 2004
    Idaho
    Good choice. The small, single stack autos in 40 can be downright unpleasant to shoot(think Kahr PM40) but the 27, though it is snappy, isn't all that difficult to master, IME.

5. SFla27

SFla27

May 1, 2012
    South Florida, USA
    I stand corrected.

Well...I was close. :)

6. scccdoc

scccdoc

Dec 28, 2011
    Supertuck.................

7. "Cold Dead Hands" !

"Cold Dead Hands" !

Feb 19, 2009
    Shield SUCKS !
    They built it wrong, like the Walther PPS.
    Too short a barrel & too long a grip.
    The G27 & Gbet are better choices !

Last edited: Jun 12, 2012
  8. GlockSwagg

GlockSwagg

Jun 7, 2012
    Clearwater, FL
    NEW QUESTION! Gen3 G27 or Gen4 G27? I know the subtle differences in appearance and back strap and etc. But are there any differences that are not talked about from Glock? more or less reliability, more or less recoil, etc?

Which generation is better for the g27/26??

9. DaBurna

DaBurna

Jun 8, 2008
    Bama Boy
    Nope!!! Nobody answer this!!! U have to follow protocol & start a new thread!!!:steamed:

Just kidding!!:tongueout: they are essentially the same gun with the Gen4 having better grip texture... I say grab the one that has the best price!! Both have dual-recoil stprings already unlike the other ones (full size & compact Gen3 to Gen4 dual recoil assembly full size & compact)

10. SiberianErik

SiberianErik

Feb 9, 2009
    G33 would be finer :supergrin:

11. GunFooMaster

GunFooMaster

Feb 10, 2012
    :rofl:

That's just an opinion.

My $.02 about the shield vs sub-c glock, depends on you size and stature. I seen 400lbs bohemiths post pictures swearing a full size is concealable. And for him, it probably is. But for someone that's 6" at 150lbs, maybe not as easy.

12. texas 48

texas 48 Gold Member

May 19, 2007
    San Antonio, TEXAS
    I hav had both. my EDC is G29 or 20 both in sf configuration. Carry my shied as a backup. Shield has been 100% reliable and accurate. Carries in the pocket . Trigger is good crisp and takes practise to become proficient. Don't expect Glock to come out with a single stack.
    My 23 was a safe queen. Traded for the shield straight up now I have a reliable in the pocket .40 backup with 7 rounds Instead of a 5 shot j frame with .38 ammo and 12 lb trigger pull. This gun has more manageable recoil that the j frame and not as snappy as my 27. Smith got this gun right. Spring slide combo manages the recoil better IMHO than the 27.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

13. bear62

bear62 Armed Bear

Feb 5, 2005
    Rocky Mountains
    I'm biased. The G27 has been my (almost) EDC for years. Most of my carry is OWB. On occasion I carry a G23.

14. GlockSwagg

GlockSwagg

Jun 7, 2012
    Clearwater, FL

I am 6" at 155. Lol don't forget that extra 5lbs. Right now I am carrying a full size S&W Sigma .40 (sw40ve). I carry it IWB at 5:00. It's a big gun to carry and I conceal it well, just not comfortably. So a shield or a g27 will feel amazing to me for my EDC.

15. yogiboobooranger

yogiboobooranger

Dec 24, 2008
    Me, I have the G27..love it for both IWB and OWB. I carry IWB in a Crossbreed Supertuck and find it so comfortable that I forget it is there and I carry at 5 oclock position. I have no problem concealing it even with the G23 mag and grip adaptor in the gun. I do however carry it with the Pierce +1 grip extension on one of the mags most of the time when IWB carry. I do not have the shield but as someone has said, there is not a great deal of size difference between them and also since the Shield is a new platform, I would give the beta testers a chance to run the gun thru the wringer before buying it. Glock has been around since 1982 and I would have to say they got their act together. Gotta love the baby glocks!! JMHO of course.

16. Rustin

Rustin

Oct 12, 2011
    Central Ohio
    Smith and Wesson has been around 160 years...

17. SiberianErik

SiberianErik

Feb 9, 2009
    We need more pics of the chick in your avatar to make the proper decision.

How about a S&W 642 ?? I love mine.

18. packinaglock

packinaglock John 3:16

May 1, 2007
    Loxahatchee Fl
    You spotted her too? :supergrin: She is beautiful, congrats OP. I've been thinking about picking up a shield myself. I have a G26 & 27 but I think with a small shield I'd go with a 9mm.

19. Pond

Pond

May 3, 2012
    Don't try to pocket carry the shield. It is too tall and the sights are sharp and have a tendency to hang on pockets. I have the shield, and hide it quite well on my hip in a Remora. Side thought, Remora's work as "tuckable" too. My shield feels MUCH smaller, lighter, and thinner than my G19. Probably because it is that much smaller, but I didn't realize just how thin it is.

I'm also exactly your size, and that shield disappears underneath a T-shirt. Can't speak for the 26, but the 19 has a bad tendency to print

Last edited: Jun 12, 2012
  20. kashdaddy

kashdaddy Glockaholic

Dec 25, 2010
    Umm, Earth!
    G27 with a SOB Galco holster or a Comp-Tac holster if you want to go all out. Proper gun belt mandatory - comp-tac makes a good one.