close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

G27 Gen4 is in layaway- Need extension?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by rolltide_pisco, Jan 18, 2013.

1. rolltide_pisco

rolltide_pisco NRA Life Member

Mar 3, 2012
    Western Kentucky
    I debated between the 23 and 27 and took better concealment in the 27. Even though my pinky hangs off I still grip the 27 better at first grab. Since I wear the large backstrap on my 19 Gen4, I figured why go that route with the 23. Of course if I don't like it, I can always trade it and get the 23.

Now I will entertain the idea of possibly getting a grip extension even though I think it will work without it. Just wanting to know who carries them and how much do they run? Online sites?

2. janice6

janice6 Silver Member

Apr 4, 2006
    minnesota
    I do not use an extension with my 13 round magazines. I have read of shooters having problems when grasping the magazine and twisting it in the grip. I CCW with only 13 round magazines in it.

Instead I found it is not at all difficult to shoot with the grip hold only, and I do not touch the mag. I have zero problems over the years with this approach. You have purchased a very nice gun. Good luck.

I am not saying to not buy the extensions, just that my experience is that they are not needed.

3. Glk30

Glk30

Aug 26, 2012
    Get yourself some GAP floor-plates. These are better than an extension and allow the gun to remain concealable, plus gives you more control.

[​IMG]

Link: http://www.concealablecontrol.com/

4. F-111 John

F-111 John

Dec 4, 2012
    Holt, MI
    I find the Pearce +1 grip extensions on my G26 (same frame) are just as concealable, since the heel of the gun doesn't change.

[​IMG]

5. onearmsteve

onearmsteve

Jan 15, 2013
    south carolina
    I have a g26 and bought the perice finger extension and hated them and took them off.they only cost 8bucks a piece so buy one and see if you like it but give the flat bottom mags a chance

6. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

Dec 17, 1998
    Roanoke, Virginia
    Learn to shoot with your pinky curled under the mag base.

7. Goldstar225

Goldstar225 NRA member

May 24, 2005
    Central Arkansas
    When I bough my G27 I bought one extension to give it a test drive. After a few trips to the range I learned that I preferred the stock floor plate with my little finger tucked under the mag. YMMV, I recommend that you buy one and try it out.