close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

G27 gen 4 new

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by meshmdz, Jun 15, 2012.

Tags:
  1. meshmdz

meshmdz OBAMA 2012

just bought a brand new G27 gen 4 part of the glock law enforcement/military discount program for $420. i like the way it feels and it has a smaller stock than my gen 3 26. i wanted originally to get the gen 4 26 but they didnt have it as a part of the LEO program so i wasnt about to pay $559 for a 26 when i can get a gen 4 27 for $420... so i went with the 27...

i was wondering... is the 27 as reliable as the 26 persay.. i read somewhere that the .40 round was having some problems ejecting bc it was a stockier round in terms of circumference which somehow affected the ejection. i never hear anything bad about the 26 and thats why i wanted to go with that from the get go.... but i got the 27... i know its a glock but i was just wondering if the higher powered cartridge would affect the durability and longevity of the firearm more say than the 9mm would on the 26... thanks.

2. NDCent

NDCent Socially Inept

I'll probably go broke before wearing mine out. You should be able to buy several Glocks for what the ammo will cost to wear one out.

3. bam1131

bam1131

The .40 cal Glocks are just as reliable as any other caliber. Some Gen 3&4 9mms were having issues but it seems as if the newer production 9mms have no problems, at least not my Gen 4 17(produced in late February2012)

4. meshmdz

meshmdz OBAMA 2012

awesome thanks guys. i figured they were but i saw a thread somewhere online and was wondering. thanks.

5. GTS197

GTS197

I haven't heard of any reported issues with the .40 pistols. Shoot with confidence.

6. RadarP3C

RadarP3C

The gen 4 g27 is my first Glock which I bought 6 months ago with my military discount also. Great price and great gun. It's had about a thousand rounds through it so far and no problems with feeds or ejections. Well, I have had 3 or 4 ejected at my head, but I don't think any brand or model is immune from this. From some of the comments I've read on this board, as long as you stick with the major ammo brands and stay away from the "cheap" stuff, you shouldn't have any FTE or FTF problems with the Glock. Good luck!

Last edited: Jun 15, 2012
  7. skyboss_4evr

skyboss_4evr

My G27 Gen4 has been flawless.

8. packinaglock

packinaglock John 3:16

My gen 4 G27 & 23 both have very strong ejection, 10' or so. My 9mm's about 2 to 3'

9. bac1023

bac1023

Congrats on the G27.

10. Bello

Bello America/Italia

Congrats on the G27.

11. pspez

pspez

:agree: I love my 27. No problems.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2012
  12. bruzer

bruzer

Don't listen to these guys. Glock Fortays are the only gun in the history of the world to KaBoom. This is very dangerous so I am sending you a prepaid postage box. Box the 27 as soon as you can and send it my way. I do this FREE of charge to you because I am a good guy and your safety is all that matters to me.
    Mike

13. pointnopoint

pointnopoint

Congrats on a great piece!

14. LawScholar

LawScholar

The 27 is such a slick little gun. Got to play with my bro's a bit (he's a LEO and it's his backup to his G22). Very well built and still feels like a fighting handgun despite the small size.

15. TxGlock9

TxGlock9

You should have no problems with any 40sw gen4 glock.

16. LiebeGlock

LiebeGlock

Both are amazing... I have a gen 4 G26, but recently shot my friend's G27. I was in love! He has no issues with his gun whatsoever... I guess Glock actually fixed what was wrong with the Gen 4's when they first came out.

So, I'm thinking a G27 is in my near future. Maybe having both is in your future too! ;)

17. Glock Junkie

Glock Junkie

Congrats on your new G27. I have one also and couldn't be happier with the performance and reliability.

18. Ranger45

Ranger45

Congrats on your new Glock!

19. Green Mountain Boy

Green Mountain Boy

The Gen 4 27 was my first glock about 5 months ago and has led me towards a second purchase of a Gen3 23.

I purchased the 27 as a Primary CCW for almost every outfit. It was replacing a ruger I bought for the same reason due to relibility issues. I have pleanty of rounds through it to trust it.

I have had one failure to fire that was obviously a bad round. Other than that I have had zero issues. It ejects fine to the point that I setup a tupperware bin off to my right and 90 % of the brass lands in that if I stay stationary.

I am supprised at how accurate and sturdy this firearm feels especially considering that it is so small. It is accurate to the point that I can put reliable hits on a silouette out to 75 yards.

All in all I'm not sure there is a better gun of this size on the market.

Regards, GMB