close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

G27 conversion to 9mm ?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by wolf1956, Oct 30, 2012.

1. wolf1956

wolf1956

Dec 12, 2010
    I recently bought a G19 for my wife and I got a G27 for myself. I like the way they both shoot and as for a carry gun, I really like the G27 in 40cal. However for range use I'm thinking of converting my G27 to a 9mm. This way the wife and I can both use the same ammo, which does cost quite a bit less then the 40cal ammo.

My question is this, will I still have the same accuracy with the G27 when converting to the 9mm, or will I have to adjust to a different site picture?

Right now I can actually shoot the G27 with a closer pattern than I do with my wife's G19. Plus by doing the conversion I can use the mags to the G19 in my G27, which we already have anyway.

2. jeanderson

jeanderson Toga!... Toga! Platinum Member

I did the Lone Wolf 40-9 in my G23 and don't see any difference in sight picture. Groups seem to be the same. I'd bet you would be just fine with the LW in your G27.

Also: Got the extended barrel, simply because I didn't want to wait the extra month or so for the stock length. Don't think it would matter as far as accuracy anyway.

3. janice6

janice6 Silver Member

Apr 4, 2006
    minnesota
    No issues whatsoever with my changing a G27 to a 9mm barrel. Change the mags to 9mm and go play and have fun.

4. barth

barth six barrels

Oct 7, 2011
    The Free Zone
    You will need to adjust to having tighter groups at POA.
    G27 with Storm Lake 40-9mm conversion barrel:
    [​IMG]