close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

G27 carry

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by tq_g22, Jan 30, 2012.

1. tq_g22

tq_g22 Young Gun

I have been thinking about a g27 as a carry gun. But the thing is, i dont know too much about them. I've held one but never shot one. How is the recoil from a .40 coming from that small of a frame? And i know it depends on your weight and height but to those who carry them, is it more on the comfortable side of carrying? Considering its so small. All opinions are welcome :cool:

2. CTfam

CTfam DREAM BIG.

I prefer 9mm but the subs are great guns. Best carry pistols on the market. I see you already have a G-22. Just get the 27 if you like .40

3. tq_g22

tq_g22 Young Gun

Thanks ct, 9mm is cheaper to shoot and you get a higher capacity but i think i would rather carry something with a little bit more power. Im not starting a war on calibers, but thats just how i look at it. The main things im concerned about is how snappy the recoil is and how easy it is to conceal.

4. cfr

cfr

I own a 27, and am not sold on it for recoil reasons. The recoil from my Gen4 22 and my 27 are totally different. I was going to go out a couple weekends ago to compare the 26 and 27 back to back, but had to work. Will hopefully do it soon.

5. Bald Baron

Bald Baron Hermit

I carry my G27 every day. I replaced the 16lb RSA with an 18lb RSA to soften the recoil without affecting function. 750 rounds latter and I'm still happy.:wavey:

6. xmanhockey7

xmanhockey7

I was worried about the kick being too much on the 27 and I already had the 22. It's no big deal at all. Especially if you shoot even higher caliber guns like a 44 magnum or other things the 27 is nothing.

7. ZekerMan

ZekerMan ZekerMan

Very easy to conceal and not bad on recoil. I have 2 so I guess I like them alot.

8. Ewalk

Ewalk

I own a G22 and a G27. I have carried both (alternating) for about five years. The 27 is no doubt more comfortable to carry. I love the capacity of my 22 but a cop buddy of mine gave me a plastic add on piece that fills the gap left by using G22 mags in the 27, so it is more like a grip. Now I have the comfort of my 27 with the capacity of my 22! The recoil on a 27 has not been an issue for me but get the pinky extension at least if u don't use the full size mags.

9. lyodbraun

lyodbraun

yeah the recoil on the 27 is just like the other .40's IMO, I also have the Gen4 G23 and it feels just a tad bit smoother in recoil, but nothing that makes a big difference, I was also thinking of switching out the stock RSA for a little bit bigger one like the 18-lb but not to sure its worth it ???

10. ChicagoZman

ChicagoZman

The .40 is not too bad on recoil, but is more than the 9mm as you already undoubtedly know from shooting your 22 versus the SR-9. Some people experience it as much more, others don't notice the difference.

Same with the sub-compact versus the compact or full size. Give it a try and if you find it too stout, you can always swap for a 26.

11. Duck of Death

Duck of Death

The G 27 is a excellent gun. The recoil is easily controllable I shoot one ever day--one day free style (double taps) the nest day weak hand.

It's small, powerful and reliable--what more could you ask for?

12. CATATOMIC

CATATOMIC

I have a G27 that I carry off duty and I love it!!! Recoil is no problem to me and I'm not a huge person and I have small to average hands. I have Glocks in 9mm, 40 and 357 Sig and I can't really tell the difference between any of them. I never pay any attention to recoil. Go with the G27..it's an excellent gun.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2012
  13. travDMH

travDMH

G27 is what I carry. I read the G26 is more "shootable"...whatever that means. I shoot the G27 competently. I just feel more comfortable with .40 and the capacity is excellent

14. ca survivor

ca survivor

It was my EDC for many years, it will get your attention when it goes off. :rofl:
    The H&K P-2000SK in .40 is a lot more controllable than the 27 thought.

15. glockSPD

glockSPD

I carry my G27 off duty and love it. Just shot around 140 rounds through it last week and loved it. The recoil is not bad at all. I use a pearce +1 extender to help with my grip. I recommened this gun to anyone looking for a reliable ECW.

16. RioKid

RioKid

The G3 G27 is my edc. The recoil is controllable. If/when you get your 27 just shoot it a lot and learn how to grip it correctly. You will like it for edc.

17. gbarber010

gbarber010

:rofl:I also carry a glock 27 off duty. The recoil is a non issue or me.

18. papajohn

papajohn

i also have a 27 for off duty carry. considerable weight difference and easier to conceal than a full size.

19. tq_g22

tq_g22 Young Gun

now heres my other question that i failed to mention. I already have a glock in a gen 3 and the gun itself is just fine, Is a gen 4 worth the extra money?? or is it all personal preference?

20. barth

barth six barrels

I have and love my G27.
    One of the big advantages to a G27, IMHO,
    is that you can convert it easily to 357 Sig or 9mm - I have.

My Storm Lake G27 40-9mm conversion barrel with G26 mags
    has been flawless with Speer GDHP 124 +P HPs.
    And ejects 9mm perfectly with the 40 extractor/ejector.

That said, the very best advise is to rent a G26/G27 and maybe a G19?
    Only you can really decide what you are most proficient with.

The G26/G27 guns are a great starting place though!