close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

g26 holster

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by rooster31, Jul 3, 2011.

1. rooster31

rooster31
    Expand Collapse

hello all, i'm just about to pick up a g26 to conceal carry, and was looking for holsters that work well. i've looked through some old posts and found a few ideas but was looking for some more ideas from people who have a 26, and know what works well and what doesnt work well. thanks.

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. Dexter

Dexter
    Expand Collapse

3. Chowser

Chowser
    Expand Collapse

What method of carry do you expect to use?

I carry my Glock 33 daily (same size as your 26).

For pocket carry, i use a Desantis Nemesis.

for IWB, I use a Galco Deep Cover

for OWB, I was using a Galco Matrix with paddle.

I am in myrtle beach this week and am currently testing an XConcealment holster for OWB. It's a belt loop instead of a paddle and so far it's been good. It's high and tight enough. i still have to use an extra shirt because with a t-shirt, it still prints (just like the Matrix). If I t-shirt only, i will use the Deep Cover for IWB or pocket carry.

I borrowed a coworkers ankle holster and it was horrible for me.

4. bjesse60

bjesse60
    Expand Collapse

For IWB I recommend the Comp-Tac MTAC, I am using one with a 5.11 nylon belt for my 27. Works well :cool:

5. RMD

RMD
    Expand Collapse

IWB - either a Crossbreed Supertuck or MTAC.

OWB - I've found the Glock Sport/Combat to conceal like no other (plus it's about as inexpensive as it gets). I also carry in a Don Hume 721OT - very comfy and good concealment.

6. Bill Lumberg

Bill Lumberg
    Expand Collapse
    BTF Inventor

OWB generally tends to conceal just as well and is a little more comfortable than IWB, but a novice can conceal effectively IWB, where OWB takes a little more knowhow. The glock sport holster is an OWB I recommend to everyone starting out or looking around. Remember- no holster will perform well unless it's worn on a proper gunbelt.

7. emore

emore
    Expand Collapse

Remora. IWB with no clips. The best holster you'll forget you're wearing.

8. aujrb

aujrb
    Expand Collapse

When I carry my G26, it's usually in a Fobus ankle holster. The holster is ok.

I was looking for something relatively inexpensive to try ankle carry and it fit the bill. Now I'm eyeing a Triad for ankle.

When I carry at the waist, I will step up to my G23 in a Crossbreed Supertuck.

That Remora is interesting, though.........

9. lethal tupperwa

lethal tupperwa
    Expand Collapse

10. gocubs6

gocubs6
    Expand Collapse

This one looks pretty sweet if it works. I'm thinking about rolling the dice for $30.

11. truthsayer

truthsayer
    Expand Collapse

For IWB, it's hard to beat the Blade-Tech Phantom. OWB, I like the Sport/Combat.

12. zigzagg321

zigzagg321
    Expand Collapse
    clever quip

MTAC from Comp-Tac, I really like mine for the G26

13. Fragman

Fragman
    Expand Collapse

Another Comptac MTAC user here.

14. Veedubklown

Veedubklown
    Expand Collapse

There's a million posts on here about what conceal carry holster for the 26, gotta come up at least once a week. However, what there isn't, is a list of holsters that don't work. Here's my experience on what not to do.

Single clip In-Waste-Band holsters made of nylon/felt or the combination. Dont do it. They are typically sold at the sporting good stores, for a seemingly economical value. They tend to fold under the trigger guard when inserted, and make a nasty situation, where your gun is 1/2 hanging out, and you have a roll of thick nylon stuck in the trigger guard.

They can be re-holstered properly, with some practice. However, if your going to carry a gun, you better practice with it. Good idea to wear your carry holster when you go to practice, to work on draw/fire. Trying to do this when you have to take 30 seconds, 2 hands, and stare at your waste the whole time to do it, is annoying. I have a couple, 1 was givin to me, 1 I use for a .38 for a bed holster. The one unused collects dust in a drawer of abandoned holsters.

15. Bill Lumberg

Bill Lumberg
    Expand Collapse
    BTF Inventor

Spot on. Single clip holsters suck.

16. atl3axj

atl3axj
    Expand Collapse

I carry CW9 in Remora. I have no complaints but I've nevertried anything else. I do want to get a Fist holster for my 19 or something better so I'll be watching this thread.

17. gophert

gophert
    Expand Collapse

18. HexHead

HexHead
    Expand Collapse

[​IMG]

Galco Ultra Deep Cover. I have no complaints about it. Just got a similar one for my Detective Special. And I only liked the Versa-Max 2 for IWB carry before.

19. Veedubklown

Veedubklown
    Expand Collapse

Wasn't talking about this at all. Glaco makes great stuff.

Basically, don't get a cloth holster with an unsupported mouth. Leather, from my experience, tends to be stiched heavy around the mouth, so even if it collapses, it won't fold over when trying to reholster. You can usually even do them 1 handed.

I mean, this.

[​IMG]

#19 Veedubklown, Jul 4, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2011
  20. elde

elde
    Expand Collapse
    Lifetime Member

Just ordered my second Remora holster yesterday. Best holster I've found for IWB carry. Holds the gun tight, completely stable and priced right. Only regret is that I wish I'd found it prior to collecting the large box full of unacceptable random holsters - some of them quite pricey - in my closet.

http://www.remoraholsters.com/Home_Page.html

#20 elde, Jul 4, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2011