close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

G26, G19, G17 Suppressed

Discussion in 'Free Fire Zone' started by RWBlue, Feb 4, 2012.

Tags:
  1. RWBlue

RWBlue Mr. CISSP, CISA CLM

Jan 24, 2004
    Are there any issues with suppressing all the Glocks in 9mm?

The thing is, I have a G26, G19, and G17. If I get a suppressor, I would be tempted to suppress all of them, but are there issues in doing this?

2. ronin.45

ronin.45

Apr 24, 2008
    NE OHIO
    As long as the can has a LID/Neilson device it should work on all of them just fine.

What suppressor are you looking at?

3. RWBlue

Jan 24, 2004
    At this point, I am just putting the 9mm suppressor on a wish list. My physical location makes getting and using a suppressor difficult. As I understand it the 9mm has improved since I lasted looked.

Right now I am just trying to decide if I should alter the gun collection. I would like a duplicate of what I will use with suppressor. I may trade off one of the others. I am also inclined to get the threaded barrels at this point.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2012
  4. r2kba

r2kba Relax

Jun 13, 2000
    South Texas

The gemtech Multimount will suit you well since you want to do a multi platform.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. RWBlue

Jan 24, 2004
    I have a Gemtech suppressor in 308. I probably will not be going back to Gemtech.

6. r2kba

r2kba Relax

Jun 13, 2000
    South Texas

Me too, and it works great.

7. Haldor

Haldor Retired EE

Oct 22, 2006
    Central Arizona
    I have a Thompson Machine ISIS that I use on both my G17 and my G26. It has the Neilson option required by toggle barrel action pistols. Like the Multi-Mount you can order screw in adapters for fixed barrel mount or 3 lug mount.

http://www.thompsonmachine.net/?page_id=99

I also have the fixed adapter that I specifically bought use with my Ruger Mark II (whenever I get around to having the barrel threaded).

I have had no problems with the Lone Wolf threaded Glock barrels in either my G17 or my G26.

Here is a pic of the ISIS on my G17.

[​IMG]

And here is a pic of the mono-core. It comes apart for cleaning which is manditory if you plan on shooting cast lead bullets or rimfire through it.

[​IMG]

I coat the insides of the suppressor with Bore Butter and the fouling, ect just wipes right out.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2012