close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

G26 for Conceal Carry - Advice Needed

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by AC_36, Dec 31, 2012.

1. AC_36

AC_36

Dec 16, 2012
    I've been considering a G26/27 purchase for sometime now. My primary EDC has been a Smith 638 (Ankle Glove) or an LCP in a Hays Pancake holster. I like the reliability & versatility of Glock.

The question on my mind is conceal carry options. I'm not a fan of pocket or IWB, as neither have been comfortable for me & IWB really isn't a viable option due to my required style of dress.

So, what are you guys & gals using daily? If you have pics I'd love to see them. Thanks for the help.

AC

2. TSAX

TSAX USAF Vet

Jun 5, 2010
    Here is an option you can look at

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4k0taKArym8"]Ankle Carry Method: Glock 27 - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WVi6lz0jtMs"]Desantis Apache Ankle Holster (Glock 26) - YouTube[/ame]

:50cal:

3. Bruce M

Bruce M

Jan 3, 2010
    S FL
  4. ctkenc

ctkenc

May 21, 2009
    Only if it comes with Matching Socks and I can wear them with Sandals and bright paterned Bermuda Shorts in Fluorescent Lime Green :faint:

5. F-111 John

F-111 John

Dec 4, 2012
    Holt, MI
    I was used to carrying a J-Frame Smith IWB, and just bought my first semi-auto, a G26 Gen 3. Using the same brand of IWB holster (Old Faithful) I'm finding that the Glock doesn't carry as well. The thickness compared to the J-Frame isn't the issue, it is the length of the slide poking me in the ribs. I'm getting used to it, but the "baby" Glock isn't LCP-sized by any means.

Why not try another Hays Pancake for the G26?

Last edited: Dec 31, 2012
  6. conpro

conpro

Mar 21, 2009
    Ive been carrying a GLOCK 26 for 2 years now in a paddle holster and love it, sometimes i forget i have it on.

7. SCmasterblaster

SCmasterblaster Millennium Member

Sep 24, 1999
    Hartford, Vermont
    Maybe a shoulder holster is for you. I have used a Bianchi SH for my G17, Very comfortable.

8. poodleplumber

poodleplumber

Apr 23, 2009
    I usually carry IWB with an appropriate cover garment. I am a medical professional, so I go from dress jacket to lab coat in the privacy of my office. There are also, contrary to what some people say, quite a few tasteful tail-out shirts available for casual wear.

What might interest you the most, though, is a tuckable holster. The larger hybrid holsters are the most popular, but DeSantis also makes a sort of minimalist tuckable holster called the SofTuck. I use one in a weekly situation that is rather unique to me: I am also a classical pianist, and I wear the tuck holster on Sundays when I am obliged to change in front of other people (choir members and other musicians) from my sport coat or suit jacket into an ecclesiastical robe for church services. The clip is very inconspicuous, and no one has ever noticed either the clip or the pistol proper.

9. 220-9er

220-9er

Sep 4, 2002
    North of Atl
    I carry a G27 in an IWB and a kangaroo carry. http://www.kangaroocarry.com/
    The kangaroo carry isn't quite as accessible but I carry it a lot more often because it conceals so well and is comfortable.

10. racer88

racer88 NRA & SAF mbr

Oct 14, 2009
    What is it about your style of dress that precludes IWB? Just curious.

11. 4Rules

4Rules

Mar 11, 2012
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ogGBPVk5GQk"]Concealed Carry Holsters & Outfits for Women - YouTube[/ame]

12. Sgt.K

Sgt.K They Just Work!

Jan 11, 2000
    Kentucky, USA
    Glock sport/combat with a G26 now replaced with a Gen 4 19. It conceals just as well as the my 26 does. Not sure what you mean by "required style of dress" though.

13. SouthpawG26

SouthpawG26

Sep 4, 2004
    Suriname
  14. robhic

robhic WOLVERINE!!!! Platinum Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Louisiana
    No one has mentioned a belly-band type holster, yet. I think if all other styles are not an option, it could be. I think it is harder to access and re-holster, but, as Bruce M. says, would be better than no gun at all.

Or what about a Remora? It is IWB but sorta like Mexican carry (as is a M.I.C. holster) but covers the trigger. So there's 3 ideas that you might find useful.

15. AC_36

AC_36

Dec 16, 2012
    I appreciate all of the good info. What I meant by" required style of dress" is that I pretty much have to wear khakis & a tucked in shirt for work. It's easier to carry both IWB & OWB in the winter, but I find I definitely prefer OWB. I'm just curious about what others have success with.

16. packinaglock

packinaglock John 3:16

May 1, 2007
    Loxahatchee Fl
    Same here, even at fifty I can't keep focused on anything but the hooters. :embarassed:

17. racer88

racer88 NRA & SAF mbr

Oct 14, 2009
    I wear dress slacks and a tucked in business shirt every day at the office. I wear a Crossbreed Supertuck carrying a Glock 27 every day. It conceals just fine, and I'm sure because I work in VERY close proximity to many people every day. They DON'T KNOW.

18. DaneA

DaneA

Mar 7, 2011
    Chattanooga
    I'm the same way. It would cost me my job is someone found out. 2 years and no one knows.

19. Tx-SIG229

Tx-SIG229

Aug 30, 2011
    Texas
    my office is business casual too but i have no problems packing a G19 in a CBST with shirt tucked in. when i dont feel like tucking the shirt in, i wear any polo-type shirt with the glock sport holster OWB or a short sleeve button down shirt thats designed to be untucked. also, during the 3 or 4 days it gets cold down here each year, i actually will wear a warm weather vest at work, which is nice bc i can keep spare mags in the pocket