Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Forum at

Why should YOU join our forums?

• Connect with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Read up on the latest product reviews
  • Make new friends to go shooting with!
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

Glock Talk is the #1 site to discuss the world’s most popular pistol, chat about firearms, accessories and more.

G26 EDC Holster? Comp tac Infidel or Galco Triton?

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by TsunamiMike, Jul 14, 2011.

1. TsunamiMike

Dec 9, 2010
    As the title reads, they seem to be the exact same holster, what are your thoughts? Comptac is roughly 63 bucks and the Galco is 40...
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2011
  2. fastbolt

Jun 9, 2002
    CA Central Coast
    I stopped using IWB holsters several years ago, myself.

However, if it were me choosing between the two companies, regardless of holster type, I'd lean more toward the Comp-Tac product.

3. TsunamiMike

Dec 9, 2010
    Why did you stop and why comptac?
  4. fastbolt

Jun 9, 2002
    CA Central Coast
    I tired of having to either have pants, jeans & slacks with larger waistbands for IWB, or else having to cinch them up tighter when not wearing those holsters. Also, after many years I found that even the best designed IWB holsters would end up pressing into pressure points by the end of the day, especially if I was wearing one of my larger guns.

I originally wore IWB's so I could wear shorter waist jackets and have them work well for concealment. Once I started accommodating the OWB holsters with the appropriate outer garments it became a non-issue.

The last time I remember wearing a IWB, it was an older Blade-tech concealex model for my 3913, for a motorcycle ride down the Coast. I was riding a larger cruiser and developed some noticeable hip discomfort before I was halfway through the ride (pressure on the iliac crest, or the top crest of the hip bone).

I used to own an earlier Sparks Executive (with more leather coverage to better stabilize the holster pocket), which was probably one of the better IWB's I've used over the years. Better than the newer version I tried ... after I foolishly let a close friend talk me out of the older model for his 1911, and I found out the newer version was different. It was good for the holster type, but never as comfortable as my good quality leather OWB's for 8-18 hours at a time.

Why Comp-Tac? Because I've owned holsters made by both companies (albeit leather for the Galco) and I find the quality of the Comp-Tac to be preferable for my needs and usage.

I've got boxes and boxes of leather and synthetics holsters I've collected over the years, and that's only because I haven't kept all of the ones I've bought or being given. :wow:
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2011
  5. Straight_Shooter

Jun 18, 2011
    I have the Galco King Tuk and Triton for my G26. I find the King Tuk to be much more comfortable than the triton, especially for all day carry. By the end of the day the triton feels like it's digging into me.
  6. TsunamiMike

Dec 9, 2010
    I have a comptac mtac iwb holster currently,was looking for a more minimal holster for it
  7. merck

merck Bad Wolf

Feb 22, 2011
    I own several Comp-Tac (including an Infidel for my G26) and Galco holsters (but not the Triton). I use an Infidel everyday and the Galcos sit in boxes with other forgotten holsters. I like the quality and thickness of the Comp-Tacs. I find drawing and reholstering to be smooth and quick even if my belt is cinched very tight. I personally find the Infidel to be just as comfortable and easier to draw from as hybrid holsters and I own a MTAC, a Crossbreed, and a King Tuk. Pay the extra $23.
  8. K1tt3n5

K1tt3n5 Hell hath glock

Mar 17, 2010
    Houston, Tx
    I couldn't be happier with my king tuk.
  9. G23Gen4TX

Nov 9, 2010
    Another vote for king tuk.
  10. Glockphobia

Glockphobia NOT!

Apr 30, 2005
  11. TsunamiMike

Dec 9, 2010
    king tuk wasnt an option..
  12. E.McCune226

May 24, 2011
    Must go with an IWB holster like the Cross Breed Super Tuk. By far the most conceable and most comfortable IWB holster on the market. Google it on YouTube and you will see countless reviews to back that claim up!!!!!!!![​IMG]
  13. troysglock

troysglock Member

Jul 6, 2008
    MTAC. I had an Infidel, but when I sat down that kydex sweat guard dug in my ribs.
  14. samuse

Jul 30, 2008
    South TX
    I don't know what a Galco Trition is but I have an Infidel.

I just use it as a bedside/truck holster.

Wearing it is an extremely painful experience. It doesn't have enough cant and it presses into my sciatic nerve pretty hard. Sitting in a truck is next to impossible with it on.

Everyone is built different, so it might work fine for you...
  15. Rangerwt

May 23, 2011
    Huntington, WV
    I have and use the Galco Triton daily. It works very well for my needs, but I have plenty of padding around the waist if you know what I mean. Also, I like my pants loose anyway. I have the model for my G23, buy I use it also for my G27, so the one for your G26 would be a shorter holster. You probably won"t go wrong with either holster. The $23.00 savings would buy you more ammo.
  16. moishlashen

moishlashen Senile Member

Jun 25, 2011
    Midwest, USA
    Galco Triton is a nice holster but for IWB its not too comfy. Its a good grab and go but not wear all day holster. I have the one for a G19 and I can fit 26/27 into it as well as the 22 so it is versatile.
  17. I have a bit of a love hate relationship with my infidel for a 30.

-Easy to take off, put on
    -Less material/lighter
    -Draws really smooth
    -The cant

Prints really badly
    Can shift with the clip that I use (yes the actual clip on the holster. Not a magazine).

Alot of these con's can also be attributed to the gun though. And to be honest, I am still needing to order a thicker gun belt.
  18. alwaysshootin

Nov 14, 2005
    I can't speak highly enough about the Comp-Tac, Infidel. I have had four different ones for every Glock I've carried, which is what I carry now, and other than a Milt Sparks SS II I used for my first carry weapon, a 1911, I can't imagine a more secure, comfortable, easy off, and on, holster! Well perhaps a SS II made out of horsehide, if there was one made that used the Comptac belt clip. Leather is a little more comfortable, but I wear mine 10-12 hours a day, with a good gun belt, and driving a truck!

The last Infidel I bought, was around fathers day, and they had a 10% off sale. Then on the 4th, they had a 20% off sale, I was almost tempted to buy another.

Just a heads up. If you buy one for a G19/23, it will work for a 26, or 27. If you buy one for a G21/20, it will also work for the 29/30. So if you can, think ahead, and kill two birds with one holster!:wavey:
  19. TsunamiMike

Dec 9, 2010
    so do you use the belt clip, shirt tucker or ctac strut with it?