close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

G26/27 Holsters

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by GOOFA, Mar 30, 2012.

1. GOOFA

GOOFA

Feb 26, 2007
    IL
    I know a lot of the members love their G26 & 27's. What do you feel are the easiest holsters either IWB / OWB to work with?

2. WS Monk

WS Monk

Dec 29, 2011
    Florida
    I picked up an OWB slide holster from American Pride Leather Company on Amazon. Cost about $30. Fits my 26 perfectly.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2012

3. TSAX

TSAX USAF Vet

Jun 5, 2010
    It depends on where on the body you carry. In my opinion

Waist = Crossbreed Supertuck/A solid kydex/leather hybrid combo
    Ankle = Galco Ankle Holster
    Shoulder = Galco Miami Classic II/Blackhawk CQC Serpa Shoulder Harness
    OWB = Bladetech/Crossbreed Snapslide/Blackhawk

:50cal:

4. Blade Tech makes a "universal" holster for Glocks that covers most models in a series for a reasonable price. When used with the 26, it looks like it was made for it. I use one with a set of "hooks" that slip under the belt in the appendix position, and it works very well.

http://www.blade-tech.com/In-the-Waistband-Universal-Fits-All-Holster-pr-814.html

While I dont normally use shoulder holsters, the one I do really like also works great with the 26. Its the Galco Executive. Its a very minimal holster that is very useable and comfortable. There are no retaining strap, as it uses friction screws to do the retaining. Only downside t tem, is the price. The are a bit salty, even when you shop around. But do shop, you can get them for $50-60 off Galcos price with little effort.

http://www.usgalco.com/HolsterPT3.asp?ProductID=2032&CatalogID=2

I also use a Desantis #44 ankle holster with my 26, and it too works well. If you dont wear full cut pants though, forget about it. :)

5. RYNOCG201

RYNOCG201

Nov 29, 2009
    Pennsylvania
    I have a Galco summer comfort that I like but I want to get some type of OWB similar to a raven for my 27 and 23.

RYNOC

6. Blackhawk2001

Blackhawk2001

Mar 22, 2012
    I use a Raven Concealment Phantom in a behind-the-hip carry IWB for my G27. I've also used a Blade-Tech Undercover holster and a Galco Deep Cover holster. I like the under-belt clips for concealment but, like external belt clips, they have to be tailored to the one-size belt you're going to be wearing. My everyday belt is a 2", but with dress clothing I use a 1" belt, so I've come to like the snap loop attachments that are optional with such holsters. I've come to like the kydex, molded holsters as opposed to leather holsters for IWB because they hold their shape better and allow one-handed re-holstering.

7. Contact

Contact

May 4, 2006
    Michigan
    I've carried mine in a Galco USA holster for several years now with no problems whatsoever. Very comfortable holster.

8. LyteFly

LyteFly

Mar 19, 2012
    NC
    If you had a 26 and a 19 and wanted only one OWB or IWB holster, would the 26 typically fit in any 19 holster without issue? Would you go this route or get two holsters? This would be for Kydex holsters in my case.

9. Beanie-Bean

Beanie-Bean

Apr 23, 2011
    Central Texas
    I like these the best for IWB:

[​IMG]

The kydex shells are interchangeable for different model pistols, and it doesn't squeak/creak when you move, either.

10. FLSlim

FLSlim

Apr 12, 2010
    FL W Coast
    The G26 is so small and light, that almost any holster works fine IMO. At various times, I've used CBST, Glock Sport, Hume 721OT, and even a Fobus paddle. They all hold securely. Your biggest decision is going to be whether you want kydex/leather and I/OWB.

11. greentriple

greentriple

Mar 11, 2010
    IWB Appendix - Blackhawk CQC leather

IWB Hip - Galco Royal Guard

OWB - DeSantis Slide

I find all three of these holsters are very comfortable and conceal the pistol extremely well. I use each depending on clothing. I used to use kydex, but found it much less comfortable as compared to leather. I tried the hybrids, and while comfortable at first I found the larger ices of leather less so over time, in particular when temperatures rose. In the end minimalist holsters suit me best for a small gun.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

12. DannyII

DannyII

Jul 25, 2011
    Ohio
    IWB - Comp-tac MTAC is the most comfortable holster I've ever used, and I have tried many, many, many IWB holsters. Plus, I can use it for my 26, 19, 17, or 34.

OWB - Hard to beat the Glock Sport Combat holster. Super thin, lightweight, and cheap. It's what I use when I OWB carry. Plus, I can use it for my 26, 19, 17, or 34.

13. kmb

kmb

Jul 10, 2010
    Oakdale, MN
    I carry a g27 in an X-Concealment 'C' type. Before that I carried in a Glock Sport/Combat. Both excellent holsters.

14. HKLovingIT

HKLovingIT Resident Evil

Aug 20, 2010
    Out On The Tiles
    Ones I own:

Galco SC2: Leather, thumb break, IWB. Yep you read that right. I like it. I actually own it in G19 and G26 size. You can just get the G19 size of course and your G26 will fit like a champ.

Galco Original Summer Comfort: Don't like it. Always felt like the little G26 was going to pop out of it like a potato. Never did of course, but I much prefer the version with the thumb break.

Comp-Tac MTAC - Hybrid IWB. Very good. I use it with the standard clips. Very comfortable.

Comp-TAC Infidel - Kydex IWB with loops. Has sweat guard. I actually find myself using this in the summer a lot. I prefer the all Kydex for sweat protection plus you can just unscrew the loops and rinse it if you want. Really good retention. I've seen guys take the belt clips off the MTAC and put in place of the loops. Haven't tried that myself. I like it pretty good.

Raven Phantom - it's okay but honestly I would go for a knock-off by a reputable competitor and save the cash and wait time. It's just a couple kydex sheets after all.

Galco Fletch: OWB, leather with thumb break. Love it. Hands down my favorite OWB. The back side of it that faces your body is slightly curved and not really boned to the weapon so that it sits up against you as tight as can be and is just super comfy.

Glock Sport Combat: It's okay. Everyone should own one because it's dirt cheap and ambi. Plus it's a Glock product.

Bianchi - Pistol Pocket. Leather, IWB, Thumb Break. Has a really great belt loop, snap setup. Cons, only comes in brown and it rides kind of higher than I like. I think for a longer barrel pistol like a G19 or G17 it would be the bomb. I'm actually thinking of buying this one again in G19 size and carrying my G26 in it. The longer body holster should alleviate any concerns I had about it and bonus points it will carry my G19 as well if I choose.

Bianchi - Covert Option - leather IWB, offset leather loops. Did not like for same reason I did not like the summer comfort without a thumb break. Maybe with a longer barrel pistol this would be good. Seemed to ride kind of high. Quality made though. Look it up. You might like the design.

Galco Stow N Go - cheap, okay for around the house or something. I wouldn't really use it out and about.

Desantis Nemesis: It's a synthetic pocket holster. It actually works really great in the pocket or if you just want something nice to slip the pistol in to protect it while riding in the center console or something. Worth having one around for sure.

That's all I can think of right now. I'm sure I have more in a tub somewhere. :rofl: I put my faves in bold. So it would seem I like Galco for leather and Comp-TAC for kydex. It only took me a few hundred dollars to figure that out. :faint:

15. 2740dmx

2740dmx

Mar 9, 2009
    Vermont
    Fist, Inc ultra thin kydex IWB
    [​IMG]

Comptac, MTAC IWB
    [​IMG]