G23 VERY tight magazine fit

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by rong338, Nov 15, 2012.

1. Just bought a used G23 on Tuesday that only came with one magazine. Loaded it up for the first time today and the magazine is a VERY tight fit going in to the gun. Anyone else have a similar experience?

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
    #1 rong338, Nov 15, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2012
  2. Loading...

Similar Threads Forum Date
    XTP 200gr seated very tight - Any dangers here? Reloading Nov 11, 2013
    Prayers for one of my friends speedy recovery. Cop Talk Thursday at 5:33 PM
    Same as Everyone Else Introduction Forum Tuesday at 4:11 PM
    Found a Very Rare Unicorn... My 2nd Holy grail of all Glocks...Gen 1 17L ported General Glocking Tuesday at 1:39 PM
    On Sale Today: the VERY Popular Emergency Honey-Bucket Kits--to 44% off! Sponsor Showcase Tuesday at 10:25 AM

3. Tight when loaded or tight even when empty?

4. Only when loaded. Will not drop freely, needs to be yanked out.

#3 rong338, Nov 15, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2012
  5. yeah my Gen4 23 mag was the same when I got it, I took my silicone rag and wiped down the mag and mag well, and it helped..

6. JesseA

JesseA Glock Historian

My new G 17L is the same way. I thought it was do to the mag being a Gen 2. Plan on buying a couple new 9MM mags this weekend.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

7. I have two gen3 G23's and, I think, eight magazines for both of them. All drop free, loaded or unloaded. Pick up another magazine and see how well it works.

8. GThirtyTwo

GThirtyTwo Amor patriae

From what I have seen a tight magazine is normally a magazine issue, not a gun issue. If you remove 1-2 rounds from the mag, does it still feel the same way?

I would pick up a new mag.

9. Waiting on 2 new mags to be delivered and I will see what happens. Thanks all!

10. whitebread

whitebread ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Is it an FML mag? Sounds like it isn't.