G23 VERY tight magazine fit

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by rong338, Nov 15, 2012.

1. Just bought a used G23 on Tuesday that only came with one magazine. Loaded it up for the first time today and the magazine is a VERY tight fit going in to the gun. Anyone else have a similar experience?

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
    #1 rong338, Nov 15, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2012
  2. Loading...

Similar Threads Forum Date
    XTP 200gr seated very tight - Any dangers here? Reloading Nov 11, 2013
    Bright White Screen, thin blace lines, everything wrong to look at Tech Talk Monday at 5:37 PM
    Cheap, Unfired Gen 4 19 with case and everything Firearms Listings Sunday at 1:19 PM
    Hello everyone Introduction Forum Sep 29, 2015
    The Delivery Room The Okie Corral Sep 29, 2015

3. Tight when loaded or tight even when empty?

4. Only when loaded. Will not drop freely, needs to be yanked out.
    #3 rong338, Nov 15, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2012
  5. yeah my Gen4 23 mag was the same when I got it, I took my silicone rag and wiped down the mag and mag well, and it helped..
  6. JesseA

JesseA Glock Historian

My new G 17L is the same way. I thought it was do to the mag being a Gen 2. Plan on buying a couple new 9MM mags this weekend.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine
  7. I have two gen3 G23's and, I think, eight magazines for both of them. All drop free, loaded or unloaded. Pick up another magazine and see how well it works.
  8. GThirtyTwo

GThirtyTwo Amor patriae

From what I have seen a tight magazine is normally a magazine issue, not a gun issue. If you remove 1-2 rounds from the mag, does it still feel the same way?

I would pick up a new mag.
  9. Waiting on 2 new mags to be delivered and I will see what happens. Thanks all!
  10. whitebread

whitebread ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Is it an FML mag? Sounds like it isn't.