close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

G23 or G32

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by atcs2152, Jan 19, 2013.

1. CLoft239

CLoft239 I Like Turtles

Oct 30, 2011
    Oklahoma, USA
    I can vouch for this ^^. I was involved in a SD shooting 4 years ago inside a vehicle. I was using a G31 and even being in a vehicle I heard nothing. Saw the muzzle flash, but that was about it. Had I not seen the flash, I probably would have squeezed again thinking I hadn't shot the first time.

Needless to say, I no longer give people I don't know a ride anywhere.

Sent from the Titanic. I named my phone "The Titanic" so when I plug it into the computer it says "The Titanic is syncing".

Last edited: Feb 13, 2013
  2. atcs2152

atcs2152

Apr 17, 2012
    I understand the concept of auditory exclusion but even though YOU don't hear it, I have to assume your ears did. IOW, the sound waves were still produced, they reached your ears which were still affected by them but your brain decided not to process the sound for you as it normally would because of the stress of the moment. As such, auditory exclusion or not, I assume there's still potential for damage to ones ears. I'm curious, those of you who experienced auditory exclusion, did you notice typical symptoms of being exposed to a loud noise after the fact, such as ringing in your ears, temporary diminished hearing, etc?

FWIW, I've ordered a G32 barrel for my G23 and I'm hoping it will show up soon so I can try it out. I suspect the .357SIG will become my favorite caliber.

3. trigger45

trigger45 G23 Millennium Member

Dec 27, 1998
    Texas, USA
    ammo is easier to find in .40s&w. me being a muzzleloader shooter i like bullet weight.

4. CLoft239

CLoft239 I Like Turtles

Oct 30, 2011
    Oklahoma, USA
    I didn't experience any ringing of the ears or any noticeable effects, but that's not to say everybody else is the same as me.

Sent from the Titanic. I named my phone "The Titanic" so when I plug it into the computer it says "The Titanic is syncing".

5. BMiracletx

BMiracletx

Aug 3, 2012
    Abilene, TX
    Congrats on the 23. I love both my 23 and my 32. I shoot 40 more, but find the 357sig more accurate. I reload my own so it is actually cheaper to shoot 357sig due to using 9mm bullets. Either way you would have gone it would have been a good choice.

6. blackbmw

blackbmw

Aug 29, 2008
    st. louis
    Glock 27 with a storm lake tree fiddy seven barrel. Soon to have a 9mm barrel also. Im a 357sig fan.