close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

G23 gen3 vs G27 gen4

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by BBauer927, Jan 15, 2013.

1. BBauer927

BBauer927 Florida Glocker

Ok guys called around all the local stores and visited my local "shoot straight" and got the low down on inventory. Only gen 4 glock I have found in Orlando is a g27 (well they have the .45 and 10mm but I'm not looking at those calibers). I was sort of trying to stay away from the G27 because not a big fan of the short grip (although I know I can get a grip extender which would nullify that issue). The same store also has the gen 3 G23. Only 50$ difference and note that the gen 4 comes with a 3rd magazine. I'm torn between the 2 and tomorrow is payday and therefore purchase day. Excited either way! But still can't make up my mind.

2. DevilDocsGlocks

DevilDocsGlocks

27 is a good little pistol. my 22 is more accurate at 15 yards, but the 27 is my primary conceal.

3. BBauer927

BBauer927 Florida Glocker

That's kind of why I'm leaning to the 23. Cuz I'm going .40 so I want a little more help on accuracy and recoil which I would get from the compact instead of the SC right?

4. DevilDocsGlocks

DevilDocsGlocks

Yeah, the 27 does rock a bit, and if you have big hands, its probably not going to feel right. I can manage a 4 inch group at 5 yards with it just playing around. I like it also because I can use my 22 mags in the 27 if I have to.