close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

G23 Barrel Question

Discussion in 'Gun-Parts & Access.' started by CrimsonMKII, Mar 16, 2013.

1. CrimsonMKII

CrimsonMKII

Mar 21, 2011
    Raleigh, NC
    The firearm in question is one of the rare birds. It is a G23C RTF2 with gills.

What would you do in my position if...

This was your EDC firearm and you were considering changing out to a non-compensated barrel. Would you go with a OEM 23 .40 Barrel, or kick it up to the G32 .357?

I do not have a .357 and would love to get into shooting this cartridge. I also own a G35 so this isn't my only firearm in .40.

Also, what about the fact that this is a somewhat rare firearm, does that change your opinion at all?

My long term goal is to get a compact for EDC, but for now the G23 is it.

Thanks for your time.

2. CrimsonMKII

CrimsonMKII

Mar 21, 2011
    Raleigh, NC
    88 looks and no comments.... Seriously what is your opinion?

3. BenjiEDF

BenjiEDF

Jun 15, 2012
    I'd save up for a subcompact Glock and leave the gun as is. Yeah that is a rare and really cool pistol, I wouldn't mess with it.

Can't help you with .357sig question, I've never used one.

4. SouthpawG26

SouthpawG26

Sep 4, 2004
    Suriname
    Get the Uncompensated G23 barrel. No hassles with 357 availability and price fluctuations.

5. CrimsonMKII

CrimsonMKII

Mar 21, 2011
    Raleigh, NC
    Its looking more like me adding a G30s to the collection and placing the G23C RTF2 into limited use.

6. Just get a standard 23 barrel, and drop it in when you want to shoot it.

7. chr_edw

chr_edw Holster Maker

Aug 11, 2006
    Broken Arrow
    I have the same as my edc. I don't it's the colectors item some make it out to be. That being said I only buy guns to use. I have even stippled the grip/frame on mine.

I'm not a huge fan of the .357 sig especially in a compact... but if you want to hey go for it. Most likely best left for the range and not carry.

8. CrimsonMKII

CrimsonMKII

Mar 21, 2011
    Raleigh, NC
    Thanks for the input and opinions. I resolved the issue. I've added a G30s to my family of Glocks.

Rest assured, the G23c will get a workout from time to time. It is a pleasure to shoot, and I hope to do so...

.... Anyone got any ammo? That's my next issue to resolve.