Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Forum at

Why should YOU join our forums?

• Reason #1
  • Reason #2
  • Reason #3

Site Description

G23 (40 to 9mm) conversion barrel

Discussion in 'Gunsmithing' started by jdl2, Sep 12, 2013.

1. jdl2

Feb 21, 2011
    Would you use a conversion barrel for EDC? If so, which brand is best? Besides mags do any other changes need to be made for conversion?
  2. crzn01

crzn01 G23 Gen 4 (32)

Jul 29, 2007
    Newport News, VA
    I have a Lone Wolf barrel for my G23 Gen4. You will need 9mm mags, no other things need to be changed...............
    I use it for RANGE USE ONLY, not for carry.........
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2013

3. PhotoFeller

Nov 18, 2010
    SW Florida

My only experience with a conversion barrel is replacement of my G22 barrel with a KKM .40 to 9mm conversion barrel. It has worked without a hitch, but I only have 200-300 rounds of 9mm to go by.

The mags have to be 9mm, so my conversion set up uses G17 mags. No other changes are required.

I would carry a conversion barrel for SD without hesitation after testing it for reliability, just like you want to test any CC weapon.

I like KKM barrels because I bought one, it dropped in without the slightest modification and it works like a charm. No regrets on my part.
  4. Paul53

Paul53 Geezer Boomer

Nov 27, 2011
    Had a Gen 3 23 w lone wolf barrel. Flawless, was my edc.
  5. N8balll

May 15, 2012
    I also have a G23 gen 4 with the lone wolf 40-9 conversion barrel. Like the others said, you just need 9mm mags. I have shot a couple hundred rounds through the lone wolf barrel and have never had a malfunction. Would I use this barrel for self defense? No. I don't want to trust my life on a conversion barrel to function properly when it really counts. I'd rather leave it up to glocks superb reputation and quality. It's just another variable to add to the mix when SHTF. But to each their own and a glock with a conversion barrel is better than nothing. Just my 2 cents.

On another note. If you have a glock chambered for 357 sig you can buy the .40 conversion barrel and still use the .357 sig magazines. I believe you can also get a .357 sig-9mm conversion barrel also. But I'm not 100% sure and you would obviously need 9mm mags. Just a lil something to think about if your looking to purchase a new glock.
  6. Paul53

Paul53 Geezer Boomer

Nov 27, 2011
    You can convert a 23 to fire .357 or 9 mm.