G22 Gen4 OD: I couldn't resist.

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by JaPes, Jul 13, 2013.

1. JaPes

JaPes Rimfire 1010101

A couple years ago, I used to own a PX4 Storm full size chambered in .40 S&W. I sold it off because I didn't like the "snappy" recoil. Because .40 S&W is easier to come by, my intention was to have just one pistol chambered in .40 S&W to have the option to shoot .40 S&W. A few months back, I traded for a Sig P250 subcompact chambered in .40 S&W. I'm less recoil sensitive now, and was surprised to find I didn't mind .40 S&W's recoil impulse.

I got the 10mm bug, and purchased a G29 SF. Shooting some Underwood Ammo 10mm this morning rekindled my interest owning a full size pistol chambered in .40 S&W solely for range practice.

I just did two things I swore I would not do ever again: buy a full size Glock; buy a full size pistol chambered for .40 S&W.

[​IMG]

I just have to make it through the Illinois mandatory 72-hour wait period, and it comes home.

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. Loading...

Similar Threads Forum Date
    Any high round count Gen4 Glock 19 owners here? General Glocking Saturday at 11:12 AM
    Gen4 G34 - Trigger w/Trigger Bar Question General Glocking Saturday at 8:56 AM
    Picatinny Rail for Gen4 MOS Sights, Optics and Lasers Saturday at 6:18 AM
    In need of a Glock 19 gen4 in od green Smart Shopper Aug 26, 2015
    G23 Gen4 Brass to Face General Glocking Aug 26, 2015

3. Congrats...I'm sure you'll love it! .40 in a G22 Gen4 is a *****cat.

4. Congrats on the new G22!

5. Congrats, love those OD Green Glocks. Wish I could find a G30 in OD.

6. Congrats on the G22.

7. Nice!!!

8. Congrats!:cool:

I like the OD.

9. Is that 72-hour wait restriction a Chicago thing, or is it state-wide tyranny? (I still cannot believe the legislature overrode the Imperial Governor's Veto on the CCW bill).

Enjoy your new acquisition. CARRY that thang!

AK

10. Congrats!!! :cool:

11. Is that really OD? It looks like Dark Earth.

12. Joshhtn

Joshhtn The eBay Guy
    Silver Member

Congrats on a fine pistol!!

13. I just went back to 40S&W this year, and am really liking my Gen 4 G22. Seeing your OD makes me want to paint mine od.

14. Nice pistol, and congrats to your state for finally joining the club.

15. Looks FDE.

16. That sure looks nice. Congrats!!

17. Congrats I guess your 72 hour waiting period should be about over by now I like the OD and dark earth fames, I came across a really good deal a few days ago on some gen 4's at $519 and I got a Gen4 23. The dark earth was a choice and I kind of wish I would have got it but I went with the regular black frame but the next glock I buy will be dark earth.

#17 jhc37013, Jul 16, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2013
  18. JaPes

JaPes Rimfire 1010101

It's state wide. 72 hours for handguns. 24 hours for long guns. Suppressors are illegal.

If I run across a FDE G27 Gen4, it will be hard to walk away from it. FDE would be the only one I would buy. Subcompact Glocks fit me best.

I bought a G22 to have a single a full size pistol chambered for .40 S&W in my collection. If I'm only going to have one, might as well go for the no-brainer choice. 9mm is where the bulk of my addiction takes me. I've had a bunch of different 9mm pistols.

Yes it is! :)

Here are some better pics of the G22 Gen4 OD:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I was pleasantly surprised that it came with 4 back straps. A medium and large regular contour back strap and a small/medium beavertail and large beavertail backstrap. I mounted the small/medium beavertail backstrap. Before I start making trigger adjustments, I want to put a couple hundred rounds downrange. I really want to keep this one bone stock.

#19 JaPes, Jul 16, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2013
  19. Looks Kick Ass!!! I have a G34 Gen4 FDE... I sometimes slide my G17 slide on the frame as to play with a G17 Gen4 FDE by default!:supergrin: