G22 Gen 4

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by bcgst5, Feb 9, 2013.

1. I just picked up a Glock 22 Gen 4 today. I was a little apprehensive about the fullsize models after reading stuff online because I have smaller-ish hands. I must say though, that was a non issue. I got a good deal on it and took it to the range immediately. It has a sorta snap that is associated with the .40, but its not bad at all. I think the gen 4 22 does an excellent job at taming the .40. I am a huge fan to say the least.

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. DannyR

Moderator Millennium Member

Bravo. Ignore the internet hysteria. It has become as bad as gun shop advice.

3. Welcome and congrats

4. Bill Lumberg

Bill Lumberg BTF Inventor

This. Getting accurate info on glocks via the Internet has become like getting useful tactical advice from a security guard.

#4 Bill Lumberg, Feb 9, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2013
  5. Ya gotta love an "Internet Expert". Congratulations on the new Glock and for thinking for yourself.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

#5 GlockItToMe, Feb 9, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2013
  6. You got yourself a great pistol. I just recently got one myself. It's a very enjoyable gun to shoot. My wife even commented how much she enjoyed shooting it.

7. It's always good to have one of these even if you waver back and forth to other models. You have a bread and butter standard gun right there. Congratulations!

^^^^ This was neat to read ;)

8. I like the smaller grip on the Gen4 too. My hands are average size and no added backstraps are needed.

Congrats on your new Glock!

9. I also have small hands but have no issues with the gen 4 G22 for the same reasons.

I have come to better appreciate Glock's engineering since I shot a friend's .40 cal Taurus. That thing was just plain unpleasant to shoot. I realize why some people have bad feelings about the .40 now. Glock does make them easier to shoot.