close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

G22 Gen 2 like new, but slide dents?!

Discussion in 'Gunsmithing' started by nick425, Jan 12, 2010.

1. nick425

nick425

Jan 7, 2010
    What happened here? Just picked this up and it is in very good shape and obvious low round count. What could have caused this? Thanks!

[​IMG]

2. tacops5372

tacops5372

Jun 16, 2008
    DFW
    I've seen these on some other glocks before? I think it happens when people open slide to lock position and then slam it home empty. Without the extra weight from a round being loaded. The rails take a little bit of a beating. At least thats my opinion and thought of why that happens. :whistling:

3. tjpet

tjpet

May 14, 2001
    Utah-Idaho border
    Perfectly normal in a .40 Glock. The block rides up slightly during recoil and makes the indentations. Will go so deep and then stop. Nothing to worry about.

4. milglock707

milglock707

Apr 28, 2007
    Virginia
    I bought mine brand new and it formed these dents as well. I have put a lot of rounds through it with no problem. Seems to be normal for the .40.

5. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

Dec 17, 1998
    Roanoke, Virginia
    It's caused slide peening and is common to all Glocks, most common in 40's.

6. nick425

nick425

Jan 7, 2010
    Awesome, thanks for the responses. Gonna go tear it up at the range tonight.