G21SF - size of front sight nut?

Discussion in 'Sights, Optics and Lasers' started by pm666, Jan 4, 2010.

1. What is the size of the front sight nut on a G21SF? Also, if I buy a thin-walled socket, will that allow me to take it on and off? Is this front sight be moved (adjusted)?

Thanks,
    paul

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. Butch

Butch RetiredDinosaur
    Millennium Member CLM

The front sight is fixed into place, adjustments are done with the rear sight. The space around the screw head is small, and a special sized driver is needed to get at it.

The top one is made specifically for the purpose, the bottom one is a regular nut driver that I altered to work on the steel/night sights, it may not work on the new style polymer sight screw.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. Hmmm...I found this one, supposedly made by Glock. However, the description says it is 5/16, not 3/16. I don't want to buy it if it's not the right one.

[​IMG]

4. Butch

Butch RetiredDinosaur
    Millennium Member CLM

I've not had one of those tools yet, but it does appear to be made by Glock for the front sight screw. I'm near positive that it's 3/16ths, the 5/16ths thing must be a typo. I expect it would work just fine.

5. Howdy,

I made my own out of a 3/16" nut driver that I bought at a pawn shop for $2.00. I put it in a lathe and turned it down and then faced it off to remove the internal bevel.

It works great.

Paul

P.S. the size is 3/16".

6. Are these front sight nuts made of metal or plastic?

7. Butch

Butch RetiredDinosaur
    Millennium Member CLM

They'd be steel.

[​IMG]

8. But the sight itself is plastic, correct?

9. Butch

Butch RetiredDinosaur
    Millennium Member CLM

Yup, the standard sight (shown in the pic above) is polymer, night sights are steel.