Glock Talk banner

G21 breech face indentation.

16K views 85 replies 32 participants last post by  vaquero aleman 
#1 · (Edited)
Has anyone experienced their slide indenting like this?

It appears that the primers are pounding the steel and it is caving in.

I have fired apx. 200 rounds of .460 Rowland from this G21.

See less See more
Reactions: McBlaster
#78 ·
I guess it would be best to buy one of johnny rowlands factor 460R glock conversion kits instead of making one yourself..
he says the 21 kit quote(runs like an appliance)ill take that,i run 45 super for hunting missouri,i use a 21sf-buffer tech buffer,noname guid rod w/24lb spring and stock length stainless n/m barrel,if i ever go w/rowland i would feel safe doing it w/rowlands 21ported kit,it would be nice to have a 44 magnum glock in the woods-:wavey:

#79 ·
My intentions are to get another G21, an aftermarket slide with threaded barrel, a Yankee Hill Machine Co. three port stainless compensator and use the Sprinco that I already have to go at it again.

And after thinking about it, the last .460 ammo I shot was Underwood, and we all know that he always exceeds our expectations. When Underwood first listed the 185gr @ 1500fps he shortly there after made a statement on Facebook that he had to raise the velocity rating on that round because he was getting consistently higher velocities than 1500fps.

Of course, now I have something else to worry about other than how I go about putting a .460 Rowland together. I don't know when I will see any more ammo available, which is pushing me closer to rolling my own. I can always buy 45 Win Mag brass and cut it down to .460 Rowland length. The 45 Win Mag is pushing a 230 grain bullet to 1600 fps.

#81 ·
So you fired a cartridge in your Glock that it is not chambered for and produces about twice as much energy as .45 acp, and now your Glock is damaged, and you are complaining why?
Uhh, I read his posts and I don't see any "complaining" at all. He simply "told his story" and asked some questions.

#82 · (Edited)
The post IS the complaint. It's like saying, "I put a 800 horsepower V-10 in my Ford Ranger and I blew up the transmission. Has anyone else seen this...?"
Umm, that still doesn't qualify as a "complaint".

Even if he says; "I put my cat in the microwave, and she blew up. Has anyone else seen this?" Still not a "complaint".

Nice OD, lucky ba*****.

#83 ·
Shame on u for lying.
That is not lying.
It is, not giving Glock the opportunity to blame the shooter for a possibly defective slide.
Considering that others don't have this problem, it is possible that the slide was not heat treated properly or another reason.
He doesn't have to say anything, he can sent the slide to the experts, they can examine it, determine the cause and act accordingly.

#84 ·
To the OP, what barrel are you using? Is it properly ported or compensated? I've read multiple places this is likely to happen with a 460rowland and standard barrels.

I'm still testing mine...but after a few hundred rounds of Corbon, Wilson Combat (Hornady XTP) and Buffalo Bore I don't have any visible signs of wear on my G21 gen4 slide. I run a ported conversion kit from 460rowland.com.

#85 ·
Maybe the slide wasn't hardened correctly, sounds like a call into Glock is in your future.
Absolutely agree.^^^^^^^

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

#86 · (Edited)
To the OP, what barrel are you using? Is it properly ported or compensated? I've read multiple places this is likely to happen with a 460rowland and standard barrels.

I'm still testing mine...but after a few hundred rounds of Corbon, Wilson Combat (Hornady XTP) and Buffalo Bore I don't have any visible signs of wear on my G21 gen4 slide. I run a ported conversion kit from 460rowland.com.
Below is the setup that I used for .460 Rowland. *I used a .45 acp chamber finisher from Brownells to cut the chamber. The barrel was an LWD 45TH for the G21, of course. And then, after doing some research on recoil assemblies, I decided that I could use a Sprinco recoil assy (factory altered for .460 Rowland) w/24# recoil spring to take the place of the compensator. For the most part it worked, and I am not convinced that any particular aspect of my setup caused my slide to cave in the way it did.

I am more than satisfied with Glock in Smryna's customer service, but the tech basically tap danced around the issue. I never got any real input from Glock as to why my slide dished.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.