close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

G20 SF...Finally Got It

Discussion in 'The 10 Ring' started by 4949shooter, Nov 11, 2011.

1. JimIsland

JimIsland

Aug 1, 2011
    Charleston,SC
    Congrats..you are going to love it! Another 10mm junkie in the makings:cool:

2. Thanks guys.

It was test fired on 8/26/11 by Justin Wheeler.

The extractoor (looks) to be machined, though I am no expert in these matters. Does anyone know if Glock is back to using machined extractors?

3. Sweet. I am sure you will enjoy it. I love mine at any rate. As I shoot lots of hot loads, I put the ISMI captured stainless rod and 20 lb springs in mine (from MidwayUSA). Just yesterday put the standard length KKM barrel in it, accuracy is much improved. Also bought some XS Sights (express night sights) for fast target acquisition. Really love the rubber Hogue slip on grip. That is the beauty of these guns, you can really tweak them to suit your needs as the market is inundated with options. Enjoy.

-Dan

4. post-apocalyptic

post-apocalyptic magnifi ba$tard

Jul 27, 2011
    CO
    Finally!! Congrats, 4949shooter! :cheers:

Now put some proper sights on her. :supergrin:

And.. I recommend Talon Grips. I've got the rubber texture version on my G20-SF; it works quite well wet/dry and is comfortable for cc.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2011
  5. post-apocalyptic

post-apocalyptic magnifi ba$tard

Jul 27, 2011
    CO
    I don't know, but mine looks machined as well, (test-fired: 6/16/11). Perhaps not all Glock models are getting MIM extractors, yet.

6. That's a good thing.

I got some night sights ready to put on her, hopefully in the next two weeks.

7. JimIsland

JimIsland

Aug 1, 2011
    Charleston,SC
    Which ones did you go with? My G20 is 15 years old and my Trijicon are very dim and need replacing.

8. I went with the Glock brand, which I am told are tennifer treated. I believe the Glock brand night sights are made by Meprolight.

9. arushus

arushus Biggest Member

Jul 22, 2011
    NE Oklahoma
    Ive got xs big dots on mine. I was consistently hitting an old stump the size of a watermelon at forty yards.

10. That sounds like fun. :cool:

11. Jitterbug

Jitterbug

Aug 27, 2002
    Now you can get back to playing with the bears at night in the Jersey swamps. Congrats!

12. Lol..