close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

G20 Recoil Spring

Discussion in 'The 10 Ring' started by G36shooter, Feb 8, 2010.

1. I picked up a G20 a few months ago, (great cal.) my ? is what is the stock recoil spring wght. ? and is this strong enough for use with DT ammo? Don't want to beat-up this gun. thanks for any and all imput.

2. Glock_XXI

Glock_XXI

Apr 4, 2007
    Congrats on the new 10mm.

The stock spring weight is 17 lbs, it is fine use with DT. Most people end up getting a steel GR using the 22lb spring.

3. So if the stock spring is fine and I would guess the same spring in my G21 then why spend the $ for aftermarket GR and spring?

4. Tmygun

Tmygun

Jan 17, 2010
    I've used 180gr. DT ammo in my G20 with the stock spring and it functioned fine. I didn't feel any undue slamming of the slide. I would think that Glock designed these pistols to use true 10mm powered ammo, not the slightly hotter than 40S&W stuff going around.
    Happy shooting!!!!!

Tmygun:wavey:

5. I will be reloading but not to the mega fps of DT, so if the stock spring is good that works for me, thanks.:supergrin:

6. cowboywannabe

cowboywannabe you savvy?

Jan 26, 2001
    i got an upgraded spring and r.r. kit because the stock spring being "light" allows to the slide to began to cycle that nano second earlier than a heavier spring, which holds the slide closed for a nano second more and allows more powder to push the bullet out at a little higher velocity (in theory). plus it actually seemed to soften the recoil a bit, not that a G20 was bad in the first place.

7. hill billy

hill billy Head Case

Mar 11, 2008
    I load my 10mm hotter than DT by a little and the slide slamming back was VERY evident to me. In addition, in stock form, my G20 threw brass a long, long way, like 30 feet-ish. The 22lb spring keeps that to a more manageable(and findable :supergrin: ) 10 feet and also makes a significant difference in the feel of shooting.