close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

G20 Race Gun?

Discussion in 'The 10 Ring' started by uglyblackguns, Jun 20, 2012.

1. VN350X10

VN350X10
    Expand Collapse

And with the wrong comp, you might just shoot yourself in the foot with the 2nd round !

A great idea, back when .38 Stupid was the only game in town, but far over-powered for what was needed.
    In a 10" Contender barrel, it would make an excellent hunting/varmint round.
    Be a whole lot of fun in a 16 1/2" carbine barrel ! Easily powerful enough for coyote & small deer, given a proper bullet choice.

uncle albert

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
    4Rescue likes this.
  2. Fire_Medic

Fire_Medic
    Expand Collapse
    Polymer Butcher
    CLM

Don't overlook WSF for 9MM Major loads, thanks for the story it was very insightful.

3. Meathead9

Meathead9
    Expand Collapse

I'm not saying to scrap Glocks period for Open Class, I'm just saying that the G17 makes for a more competitive gun. I have laid down stage scores in production that smoked M's & GM's in open & Limited, but do I consistently do that or place higher on the results page? Not so much. Everyone $h*ts the bed on a stage or two, or even a whole match every once in a while.

Either the M's & GM's you shot with were only M's & GM's of Classifiers, or trashed several stages in that particular match. If your son consistently beats M's & GM's (especially down 8rds), he should be Classified well above B class. That's pretty badass that you shoot 214PF Minor loads though.

#23 Meathead9, Jul 15, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2012
  4. agtman

agtman
    Expand Collapse
    10mm Spartiate

Love this part - a genuine 10mm-competitor all the way.

Not just gaming it with a ".40-level" load in a more expensive case ... :cool:

4Rescue likes this.