Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Forum at

Why should YOU join our forums?

• Reason #1
  • Reason #2
  • Reason #3

Site Description

G20 Race Gun?

Discussion in 'The 10 Ring' started by uglyblackguns, Jun 20, 2012.

1. VN350X10

Apr 13, 2001
    McHenry, IL
    And with the wrong comp, you might just shoot yourself in the foot with the 2nd round !

A great idea, back when .38 Stupid was the only game in town, but far over-powered for what was needed.
    In a 10" Contender barrel, it would make an excellent hunting/varmint round.
    Be a whole lot of fun in a 16 1/2" carbine barrel ! Easily powerful enough for coyote & small deer, given a proper bullet choice.

uncle albert
    4Rescue likes this.
  2. Fire_Medic

Fire_Medic Polymer Butcher CLM

May 19, 2008
    The Gunshine State
    Don't overlook WSF for 9MM Major loads, thanks for the story it was very insightful.

3. Meathead9

Aug 23, 2009
    The PRK
    I'm not saying to scrap Glocks period for Open Class, I'm just saying that the G17 makes for a more competitive gun. I have laid down stage scores in production that smoked M's & GM's in open & Limited, but do I consistently do that or place higher on the results page? Not so much. Everyone $h*ts the bed on a stage or two, or even a whole match every once in a while.

Either the M's & GM's you shot with were only M's & GM's of Classifiers, or trashed several stages in that particular match. If your son consistently beats M's & GM's (especially down 8rds), he should be Classified well above B class. That's pretty badass that you shoot 214PF Minor loads though.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2012
  4. agtman

agtman 10mm Spartiate

Feb 28, 2001
    Love this part - a genuine 10mm-competitor all the way.

Not just gaming it with a ".40-level" load in a more expensive case ... :cool:
    4Rescue likes this.