close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

G20 concealed carry holster

Discussion in 'The 10 Ring' started by uglyblackguns, Apr 17, 2012.

1. uglyblackguns

uglyblackguns

Jan 29, 2012
    Ok just like the title says. I am looking for a good iwb holster for my g20. I have checked out raven concealment but don't like the wait time. Also 101 holsters so if you have any experience there let me know. They also offer a cant to the gun up to 15degrees which sounds like it would be good to help hide the bigger glock. Anyways any info is appreciated. BTW my g20 may be the most perfect gun and hpr 180 gr jhp really shoot well with it ymmv.

I've tried to search the forums but haven't found anything.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

2. nickE10mm

nickE10mm F.S.F.O.S.

Apr 13, 2004
    Wichita, KS
    I've used a Comp-Tac CTAC IWB with a G20 before and liked it.....
    ...but the BEST suggestion I have for you is the Crossbreed Supertuck IWB..... And, while I've no firsthand knowledge with a G20, per se (I'm using a Crossbreed Minituck for my Keltec PF9), it IS awesome.

I'm sure you've heard a million people on the internet say how awesome CB holsters are.... I, myself, was always annoyed from hearing it so much.... but they are, in fact, awesome, and super comfy. Mind you, they are the ugliest holster known to man. But once you use it, you won't care. Hell, its a holster. Its hidden, anyways.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2012

3. DRJ1911

DRJ1911

Jun 30, 2011
    I carry my G30 in Adams Leather pancake and IWB. I can highly recommend them.

Doyle

4. Meathead9

Meathead9

Aug 23, 2009
    The PRK
    I have tried just about every kind of IWB holster on the market (Milt Sparks VM2, High Noon Public Secret, CompTac MTAC, CompTac Infidel, Crossbreed Supertuck, Cobra X2). The only one I still have is the CompTac MTAC. For me it's a toss up between MTAC, Crossbreed Supertuck & Theis Holsters. The 2 spaced out belt clips really help distribute the mass & weight of the G20. I chose the MTAC because it completely shrouds the muzzle, and you can change out kydex bodies to carry different guns.

I can easily hide a G20/21 in my MTAC under a normal size T-shirt, in the 4:30-5:00 position. The MTAC brings the gun so much more tight to the body than an OWB holster does for me. I don't wear "cover garments", so OWB isn't an option for me. I can definitely see how it would be more comfortable though.

5. cookand

cookand War Eagle!!

Mar 16, 2006
    Auburn, AL
    Not to hijack, but can y'all include OWB holster suggestions for daily carry?:whistling:

6. I have said it before so I will say it again...I don't get the IWB at all. I carry OWB Soooo much more comfortable and the difference between the two is so little if you are wearing a cover shirt anyway. I love my Hunter Pro ride. I carry working on the farm I don't have to worry bumping it and it falling out.

* Perfect cant
    * Wide leather loop on the back makes the holster just the right size, Allow the pistol to pivot slightly when you sit down is perfect
    * Metal plate Thumb retention is super fast
    * Full Leather protects the gun/slide completely
    * Comfortable all day don't know it is there

NO way am I going to cram a G20 in my jeans NO way am I going to buy pants two sizes to big Nope ain't gonna happen NEVER on any gun I carry

G 20 OWB :perfect10: All the way

7. I have a couple IWB holsters for my Glock 20, but they are not the best. I was looking to buy a Galco Summer Comfort, but the place I found was out of stock. It works fine with my Glock 27 and stays put. The G20 would be a great carry gun with the right holster. As far as I can tell, the Glock 21 uses the same size holster. If you add a rail mounted laser and/or much taller sights, that severely narrows the limited options.

8. MercuryHayze

MercuryHayze

Jan 30, 2003
    Michigan
    Kramer gunleather. Excellent grip angel, makes the 20 almost as easy the conceal as the 19. . .

9. dpadams6

dpadams6

Jan 5, 2010
    Yes. Kramers is top notch in both cow and horsehide leather. They are all I carry.

10. dpadams6

dpadams6

Jan 5, 2010
    Can you post a picture of your Kramer holster? Was thinking about getting one myself for my 20 but figured might be too big.

11. Atomic Punk

Atomic Punk

Mar 11, 2008
    i have been carrying my g20c in an m-tac every day for about 4 years. very adjustable, very comfortable, most of the time. its not always the best when im driving. but my cars are usually tiny things with bucket seats. big truck i used to have with it was much better.

12. Angry Fist

Angry Fist The Original® Lifetime Member

Dec 30, 2009
    Hellbilly Hill
  13. uglyblackguns

uglyblackguns

Jan 29, 2012
    Thanks for the info everyone. Looks like I got some "testing" to do to find a holster that fits me. Now I just gotta make the wife understand that one holster is not enough

14. blasterak

blasterak

Apr 7, 2012
    I conceal carry my G20sf with a Theis IWB holster, actually wearing it right now. Very comfortable holster and conceals good for a gun of this size.

15. Ford302Glock21

Ford302Glock21 Chrome Horsie

Dec 3, 2004
    Orlando FL
    Everyone is different. If you are riding a tractor owb would be great but walking around in a heavily populated city you are up close and personal with tons of people and quite possibly law enforcement at malls,banks, etc. I would only owb under a jacket or somethin.

I have not tried everything out there but have been happy for years with comp tac holsters. Started out with and still use the ctac model. I have the full size glock holster that takes g20/g21 as well as 29/30. I can carry any of those models no problem but the large grip doesn't make it comfortable when sitting especially in the car. The 30/29 is much better in that role. I also have an mtac hybrid for the 1911 but its bulkier.

I have one cheapie single clip leather iwb that is quick and easy to utilize by I highly prefer the kydex because it does not have any friction going in or out and is easy to reholster because it keeps its shape. Search the gt classifieds holster section and you can find plenty of good deals. I just bought a ctac for my new 19 the other day barely used from the classifieds and should arrive this week.

16. Another vote for the Crossbreed Supertuck. No experience with the other similar rigs, but my G21 and 30 all but disappear using this setup. Ive been hearing a LOT of good things about the Black Mamba made by Concealment Solutions too. Take a look at their stuff on YouTube. Good to see folks packing BIG fighting guns around town.

Be safe.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2012
  17. Taterhead

Taterhead Counting Beans

Dec 13, 2008
    Boise, Idaho
    I have have good results with a Shielded Holster Double Phalanx IWB. It is basically a CB Supertuck knock-off. Not the exquisite quality of the CB, but completely functional. $50 delivered. Quick delivery.

It is pretty comfy. Cant is adjustable. The G20 is big, so dressing appropriately is still part of the deal. I can wear it all day and hardly notice it - even in the car.

Here is a thread by Kwart, the owner of Shielded Holsters. A lot of good info and reviews here:

http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1194122

18. 21Brutus

21Brutus

Jun 21, 2010
    Texas
    Lots of good, true info here...I use a Crossbreed for my 20, 21sf, and 30. Each fits perfect, the weight is distributed well, and it holds the pistols in close to my side. Now, if I could just find some pants with a little bit more room.....

19. whitebread

whitebread ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Nov 29, 2010
    Raleigh, NC
    The Crossbreed SuperTuck works exceptionally well for me. I really like their products.

20. blastfact

blastfact

Aug 15, 2011
    Oklahoma
    I have Nicks holster for my PF-9 also. Thus it's truly concealed. There is no way I could carry my G20 completely concealed. I don't care what you do a hog leg will print. You will walk funny and have a deformed body area.

Can't wait to see if we get open carry here.