close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

G20/29 increase in popularity???

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by SickShot, Sep 23, 2012.

1. SickShot

SickShot
    Expand Collapse

Just noticing a lot of G20/29 threads in the last couple of weeks...

Is this a surge in popularity of the 10mm or the G20/29 or both?

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. glock2740

glock2740
    Expand Collapse
    Gun lover.

A surge in 10mm love. :cool:

3. ctious

ctious
    Expand Collapse

People are finally seeing the truth that the 10 is all powerful. Lol.

But for real. I think a lot also has to do with that a hot 10 mm will go through a standard bullet proof vest. It's a great round for all kinds of protection. Great shtf gun. And zombies.

4. bac1023

bac1023
    Expand Collapse

Maybe so

The 10mm has alwys been an awesome round.

5. SickShot

SickShot
    Expand Collapse

WOW! Didn't know a hot 10mm would go through a vest?!

Not to high jack my own thread, but would a lighter grain .357sig round, say a double tap 85 grain, defeat body armor as well?

6. Raleigh Glocker

Raleigh Glocker
    Expand Collapse

My first pistol was a G20 that I still have 20 years later. I would love for the popularity to come back. We need more modern bullets designed for full power loads instead of trying to get 40S&W bullets to old together at 10mm velocity.

7. SouthpawG26

SouthpawG26
    Expand Collapse

Finally.

So much so in fact, that the G20 is now steadily making M203 grenade launchers obsolete in most foreign theaters of operation:
    [​IMG]

Also, be on the lookout for the engraved 2013 G20 Chuck Norris Edition, commemorating the 20th anniversary of him getting a bad case of slide bite upon his first outing with the mighty G20.

Norris was overheard to murmur on that historic occasion:
    "Well played Gaston, well played....."

8. RYT 2BER

RYT 2BER
    Expand Collapse

Speculating here as I have recently become enamored with it..

I think for me, the ability to buy real 10mm ammo at a reasonable price (underwood) makes it a whole different ball game.

There has been so much CRAP out there for the 10, from watered down mainstream, to absurdly priced, over stated stuff from double tap, or just absurdly priced from buffalo bore..

Maybe I'm being shortsighted, but sometimes business looks so easy.. You look at underwood.. They've come forward with an excellent product with great service and price and now they're eating double taps friggin lunch.

I know this much... The ammo got my attention and led me to the g20... And I'm loving it.

#8 RYT 2BER, Sep 23, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2012
  9. gunowner1

gunowner1
    Expand Collapse

I want a G29 so bad I can taste it.Im thinking of selling my K frame to start financing it.

10. ctious

ctious
    Expand Collapse

Not a military vest. But your standard issue ones that police wear and armored vehicle personal wear. The police have ones that would stop it but they don't wear those every day. I have never seen a test done with a 357 Sig. I really don't know. But I am guessing the vest would stop it.

11. Bruce M

Bruce M
    Expand Collapse

Probably depends on whether the vest is II or III. And oddly some are just not worried about zombies...

[​IMG]

12. avenues165

avenues165
    Expand Collapse

I always wanted a 10mm pistol when I was younger. Never did pull the trigger on purchasing one. For SD the 10mm is not right for me because of two reasons:

1. My guess is that I am not skilled enough yet to shoot one properly for SD. The Glock 10mm platform is a little too large for me, and I don't know how well I would handle the recoil in rapid fire.
    2. I always thought the ammo was too expensive. Underwood has changed that.

I really want a G20SF or Gen 4 G20, but not for SD until I feel I have the skills. I still need more professional pistol training and practice. Just being honest, I know I can get better.

13. CDW4ME

CDW4ME
    Expand Collapse

10mm Glock: you either have one, want one, or are in denial.

14. vdub804

vdub804
    Expand Collapse

Love the 10mm Glocks they are by far my favorites

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

15. DarkShooter

DarkShooter
    Expand Collapse

Im very thankful Glock has supported the 10mm all these years.

Ive shot factory stuff and reloaded the equivalent for a while, and am just now getting into loading hotter stuff. We really need a bonded HP in 180/200gr.

Underwood has a great thing going for them. Let's just hope prices dont skyrocket, quality dosen't go downhill, and product dosent mysteriously become "unavailable".
    Keep up the great work and us 10mm guys will keep on buyin it by the boatload!

16. plouffedaddy

plouffedaddy
    Expand Collapse

I think it's a combination of cheap PPU practice ammo and reasonably priced SD Underwood ammo on the market that have made the 10mm a round more people can enjoy on a reasonable budget.

17. JW1178

JW1178
    Expand Collapse

Yes, I think it is. A big milestone will be when a LE agency adopts it, which will probably never happen but you never know.

18. Opie 1 Kenopie

Opie 1 Kenopie
    Expand Collapse
    Regular Guy

I jumped into 10mm with both feet. In the last year I bought my first, a 29SF, then had to have the 20SF too! Love these guns. My safe full of OTT(Other Than Ten) Glocks just sits there now, collecting dust and tears. This week I bought EVERYTHING needed to start reloading the 10mm. Midway just closed their doors for the season since they just made their annual sales goal early.

19. NMGlock79

NMGlock79
    Expand Collapse

2 or 3 years ago, the only people I knew of with 10mm pistols were now hunters who wanted a good woods pistol, now it seems like everybody is getting into it, it's probably because ammo is more and more available and word is out.

As a side note I and several friends carried g20s web I worked for the so.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

20. TattooedGlock

TattooedGlock
    Expand Collapse
    NRA LIFE MEMBER

After decades of being a 45 guy, I jumped on the 10mm wagon and there's no looking back. Once people realize how easy it is to shoot in a Glock and how great a round it is, it's easy to get hooked. I think people are also finding out about the availability of ammo which I think has increased over the years. And of course, we have to give Uncle Ted some credit. :)