close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

G19-- Summer Carry Tips

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by Old Junes, May 31, 2011.

1. MrPink

MrPink

Mar 30, 2011
    So, it's pretty effing hot now, eighth day of 95+. I usually carry my G19 in a Fricke IWB appendix, but when it's this hot, the Fricke Zack done Mexican SOB. The last two days I spent a lot of time outside, so it was my S&W42 in a pocket holster.

2. Zeebra724

Zeebra724

Jun 19, 2012
    PA
    I'm probably the only one out here doing this, and I know this thread concerns a G19, but I carry my G17 at a 3 o'clock position with my Galco Summer Comfort holster--I rarely tuck my shirts in anyway, so I normally have polo shirts, button down short-sleeve shirts, or t-shirts untucked. Sometimes with a t-shirt I have a minimal amount of printing--but at the 3 o'clock position, any printing simply looks like a cell phone on my belt...and I love cargo shorts--carry a spare mag in one of my pockets sometimes...
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 6, 2012

3. Rupert

Rupert

Sep 28, 2011
    A crossbreed holster is helpful, and conceals well under even a tshirt. If you prefer not to wear a belt a remora holster is very comfortable and secure with just a drawstring. For $25 it's worth checking out.

4. Theis IWB (very similar to CBST) with t-shirt tucked in and either Polo shirt of button up shirt, and cargo shorts.

5. AquaHull

AquaHull

Nov 11, 2011
    West MI
    It was 100 yesterday and the day before. I tried my G19 in a IWB kydex, no problem hiding under a button down oversize shirt, with a wifebeater underneath.

The problem was that after 2 hours of garage sales , my shorts, both of them were soaked with sweat.

The Glock grip was wet but the rest of the frame was dry.

I changed out and put the LCP holstered in my front pocket and will not look back until it cools down to say mid 80's.

6. USSOCOM

USSOCOM

Nov 5, 2001
    North Carolina
    Cargo shorts, t-shirt, and a Comp-Tac MTAC holster. Can carry a G19 easily. The MTAC is an excellent IWB holster.

7. cowboy1964

cowboy1964

Sep 4, 2009
    U.S.A.
    The 26 is my go-to gun when I really don't want to worry about printing no matter what. The 19 is pretty good but there IS a difference.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2012
  8. Spiffums

Spiffums I.C.P.

Sep 30, 2006
    Well now that you normally carry a gun you normally wear a larger size. :whistling:

9. Two Guns

Two Guns VIP MEMBER

Nov 4, 2004
    NH
    I use a MTAC with no problem concealing my G19 or G23. Because a T shirt and shorts are my summer wear it is some times a little easier to carry the G27 or the LCR. But the MTAC does fine with the G19 or G23.

10. 4Rules

4Rules

Mar 11, 2012
    Try a pocket holster. Nate Gable will make you one.

http://www.ubgholsters.com/