close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

G19 slide and barrel on G26?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by cheers623, Apr 24, 2013.

1. cheers623

cheers623

Dec 12, 2006
    Seattle, WA
    Will this work if you get the Lone Wolf dust cover? I've assembled the slide and barrel of my G19 onto my G26 and it seems to function correctly and hand cycles dummy ammo but was wondering if anyone's actually fired theirs this way? I was thinking that the dustcover insert that Lone Wolf makes would make this doable but wants to ask before possibly screwing up the slide or frame. The slide locks up seemingly ok and is easily removable with no binding. Any actual knowledge on the subject is greatly appreciated. Tried the search function a few times to no avail.
    Cheers623

2. stolenphot0

stolenphot0 RTF2 Addict

Jan 26, 2012
    Kettering, OH
    Barrel is a definite yes. Slide? Not sure if it will lock up properly. Beyond my expertise.

3. SouthpawG26

SouthpawG26

Sep 4, 2004
    Suriname
    No problem. G19 slide+barrel, or just the G19 barrel in the G26 slide. Both will work fine.

4. cheers623

cheers623

Dec 12, 2006
    Seattle, WA
    Hey, thanks for the reply! I'd like to have the grip length of the 26 with the sight radius of the 19. Best of both worlds so to speak. Great carry gun

5. mcflyfyter

mcflyfyter

Sep 10, 2011
    This is precisely why God created hack saws.

6. You don't need the LW dust cover. Just put the 19 slide on the 26.

7. GlocksterJeff

GlocksterJeff Glock Armorer

Jun 29, 2003
    'Sunny' Oregon
    Maybe not such a good idea... I came across a Warriortalk thread discussing putting a gen 4 G19/23 slide on a gen 4 G19/23 frame. While it seemed to fit and function, there was a serious problem reported. The semi-circular tab at the the front of the slide (that the RSA slides though) is smaller on a gen 3 than on a gen 4. This means that at full recoil, the smaller diameter tab is travelling deeper into the frame than normal and is causing damage to the plastic. To make a long story short, the general consensus there was that using the smaller gen 3 slide on a frame designed for a larger double recoil spring was bad for the frame. (I would sure like to know with certainty if this is an actual verified fact?)

The gen 4 double spring assembly is the same size as the G26 double spring assembly. So, won't the same problem exist in this case? (I suppose the exception would be if both the G19 slide and the G26 frames were both double spring 4th generations.)

8. You use the whole slide assembly of the 19, so there is no recoil spring swap. Also, the 19 recoil spring is smaller, so there would just be extra room in the 26 frame.

9. TruthNotRelative

TruthNotRelative

Apr 15, 2010
    Some people like this, that's why you sometimes see chopped compacts to accept sub-compact mags, i.e. 19 chopped to a 26 or a 23 chopped to a 27. Plus, when you chop one of the aforementioned, you get the benefit of a accessory rail on a sub-compact sized lower, some people like that option. If I had 3-4 Glocks, I'd actually attempt a chop. That's one great thing about the Glock, so many things you can do with it. Some people would think you've lost your mind for even thinking of chopping a glock. But then, some people lose their minds if you change ANYthing on a glock (accept sights).

Last edited: Apr 27, 2013
  10. Inebriated

Inebriated

Feb 20, 2012
    As long as both are the same generation, it'll work. No need for the dust cover either, as long as its just a range gun. If you're carrying, you'll want it just to help avoid snags, debris, etc.

You can't put a 26 slide on a 19 frame, and have it function, though. Only the other way around.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2013
  11. CA Escapee

CA Escapee Finally!

Feb 15, 2012
    Just curious, and I haven't looked at my G19 and G26 barrels lately, are the ramps under the chamber that allow the pistol to unlock and cam downward after firing the same angle?

As I recall they're a different angle which would cause one pistol, (my guess is the G26,) to stay locked in battery longer until the pressure drops to an acceptable level. With the ramp machined at a different angle it can delay when the barrel/chamber cams downward to let the slide back. When dealing with the same caliber, 9mm, and two different size/weight slides I wonder if Glock uses two different angles?

Anyone got any pictures?

Bill

12. Inebriated

Inebriated

Feb 20, 2012
    I don't believe they're different, but I can try and get pics in a bit.