Glock Talk banner

G19-sized .45?

9K views 15 replies 15 participants last post by  Scrappy 
#1 ·
What is the closest G19-sized .45 that Glock makes?

#3 ·
Thicker but for length and height the G30 is very similar to the G19.

#5 ·
The new G30S is the closest to the G19 in size and weight. In fact loaded there is only a 0.02 ounce difference between them. The G30S will NOT fit in kydex holsters like the fobus paddle and the bladetech razor but it WILL fit in my Galco Kingtuck IWB. The grip is and does feel wider in the holster but it really doesn't affect comfort or conceal- ability.

I'm going to the range in 1 hour to compare it head to head against my G23. Going to see how it shoots. I have yet to see a good range report by anyone yet. This is the closest I found to a real report: http://www.ar15.com/archive/topic.html?b=5&f=13&t=90455 everything else just seems like people talking out of their you know what. :whistling:

If they would have had a G30 Gen 4 at the shop when I was there I may have went with that instead... I'll admit there is something cool about the cartoonishly wide slide lol. That said with the 30S slide does look a little goofy on the wider frame too. If she shoots well though it'll be a keeper. As I said it rides well in the holster and would be a comfortable carry gun.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.