close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

G19 problem or not?

Discussion in 'Gunsmithing' started by ggwash21, Mar 18, 2010.

1. ggwash21

ggwash21 Junior Member

Apr 25, 2005
    At the range this afternoon and i slammed home a fresh magin my G19 and the slide slammed home and it has done it about a dozen times since this afternoon. Is this a problem or what? The G19 has less then 300rds through it. whats your guys take on this? Also i tried this evening to just slamm the bottom of the gun with my hand and that also triggers it to slam home.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2010

2. JohnHoliday

JohnHoliday

Oct 19, 2008
    If you "slam" the magazine it, it will more then likely close. Not a problem, most glocks (and a lot of other guns) will close if you hit it hard enough.

I wouldn't count on this happening every time, and become dependant on it closing, but it's not abnormal.

3. ggwash21

ggwash21 Junior Member

Apr 25, 2005
    Ok, I kinda thought I didnt know if it was suppose to happen or not thanks

4. ChrisJn

ChrisJn "Old Bill"

Dec 30, 2008
    Baldwin Co, Alabama
    I have a G22 and G27 with thousands of rounds through them and have never had this happen. I know you said only 300 rounds through your 19 but still you might want to try a new slide stop lever.

5. Blaster

Blaster Hunc tu caveto

Feb 2, 2000
    Connecticut
    Completely NORMAL!

6. ggwash21

ggwash21 Junior Member

Apr 25, 2005
    Yup talked to Glock this morning and he said it was normal and i had nothing to worry about....

7. Trey83

Trey83

Feb 28, 2010
    My 37 has done the same thing a few times in its first 100 rounds. I am also glad to hear this is nothing to worry about.