G19 is shooting low Left

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Goodrich, Mar 13, 2013.

1. Goodrich

Goodrich Like a Sir

Took the 19 and 27 out today shot from about 6-7 yards the 19 was shooting low left the 27 was dead on. any idea's why ? i'm right handed, right eye dominate, was in isosceles. for both guns. 19 is stock except extended controls. Blue is point of Aim

[​IMG]

Second one is the 27.
    [​IMG]

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. Loading...

Similar Threads Forum Date
    Shooting left???? GATE Self-Defense Forum May 22, 2015
    Gen4 19 Shooting left! Help!!....Never mind.... General Glocking Apr 15, 2015
    G27 shooting to the left - solved the problem. General Firearms Forum Mar 28, 2015
    shooting to the left Sights, Optics and Lasers Mar 22, 2015
    Shooting to the left. General Glocking Mar 8, 2015

3. Are you an experienced shooter? Because if not you could be torquing your pinky when you shoot the G19 your shots will always go low and left.

4. Goodrich

Goodrich Like a Sir

I am a new shooter.

5. It's YOU, not the gun.....Keep practicing.

6. Goodrich

Goodrich Like a Sir

I have no doubt it's me. just trying to get a general idea of what i'm doing wrong. love the 27 btw the snap is not nearly as bad as everyone describes it's actually enjoyable.

7. Sorry last post got interrupted but if the blue dot was your point of aim and you were hitting at the white circle 6 yards out you need trigger time and lots of it. Do a quick web search on glock low and left and you will find a wealth of information. Good luck and happy shooting we all start somewhere.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

8. Jerking the trigger and tightening your whole hand while you pull/jerk the trigger is bad and is common with newer shooters. Grab the frame tightly with your middle and ring finger, the pinky should not have a deathgrip. Slowly pull the trigger to the rear in a smooth motion.

You can do dry-fire training at home (obviously unloaded pistol, be safe). When the trigger breaks your sights will lurch in a certain direction. When you can dry fire and maintain the sight picture steady and solid as a rock you are ready to go back to the range. Every 10 shots or so at the range you will notice you are doing it again lol, anticipating recoil... be safe and enjoy your new hobby.

[​IMG]

#8 BenjiEDF, Mar 13, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2013
  9. Goodrich

Goodrich Like a Sir

Thanks for the chart I thought I was squeezing the trigger slower but honestly I wasn't even thinking about trigger pull i was more concentrated on aim. perhaps i was jerking it instead of a slow squeeze i'll have to be concious of it next time and see if it still happens.

10. Yup.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ysa50-plo48"]Todd Jarrett on pistol shooting. - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3NBzgventq0"]How to Use Proper Grip and Trigger Control with Firearm Training: Inside the Crucible Volume 2 - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Azb3q8wOrV4"]TRIGGERSTRIPE DRILL PART 1 - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=trYNu36-g5o"]Straight Pull for Straight Shooting - NSSF Shooting Sportscast - YouTube[/ame]

11. Some great vids for viewing. Thanks for posting

12. I don't know your normal groups or anything, but the 19 group looks consistent with the 27 group. Have you had a more experienced shooter give it a try, or have you shot off a rest? I am inclined to say to check your sights, because your 19 group is about the same as your 27 group, just shifted way off from POA.

Also, dry fire every chance you get! Seriously, it's the best money you'll never spend. Dry fire practice is possibly the single most important thing a newer shooter can do to advance his/her skills. You'd be able to quickly get those groups in the orange with just a few minutes of practice each day.

13. Goodrich

Goodrich Like a Sir

Nah i haven't had anyone else shoot it just me and I took my mother out to let her try the 19 so she could decide weather or not she wanted a 26. no bench rest either this is only my second time shooting both of them put 50 rounds though each this time and it was on a piece of property up in the sticks we own. Windy, snowing and not on the most even ground. which i'm not using as an excuse for my poor shooting haha. the 27 has some truglo tritium bright sights I installed myself and the 19 has the stock field goal sights, doubt that would have anything to do with it though. I just need more range time.

14. We all need more range time. :supergrin:

15. Goodrich

Goodrich Like a Sir

haha i'm pretty happy with the group spacing now if i can just put them in the center.:rofl:

16. You are anticipating the recoil. The short grip shows it less. It is subconcious.

The cure is a surprise break. Pull the trigger so slow that you don't know when it will fire. Take 30 seconds to slowly and steadily pull the trigger straight back toward the rear sight while keeping the sights on target.

If you don't know when the gun will fire, your brain won't know when to flinch, thus your hands won't be suddenly moving in anticipation of the recoil at that split second before the BOOM.

Later you can speed the trigger up after you've learned the basics.

17. Butch

Butch RetiredDinosaur
    Millennium Member CLM

Click--> http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/blog.php?u=135&page=2 and read at least the two articles about using the reset and trigger control.

Welcome to GlockTalk!

18. Arc Angel

Arc Angel Deus Vult!

:thumbsup: That's a very savvy reply! I suggest you think about it. Butch's blog article on trigger control is a, 'must read' too.

It will, quite possibly, save you a lot of ammunition if you get yourself out of a conventional Isosceles Stance, and switch to a, 'Reverse Chapman' stance, instead. 'Why'? Because a lot of your problem is being caused by excess tension along the tendons of your upper (gun hand) forearm.

This excess tension is working against you, and actually exaggerating your tendency to, 'jerk' the trigger as the sear breaks. When you do this put a little more downward bend in your strong wrist, too - Try this for awhile and I'm sure that you'll see what I mean. ;)

#18 Arc Angel, Mar 13, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2013
  19. Thanks for the chart, Benji and the videos, 4Rules. They'll be a great help for me teaching my wife correctly how to improve her (and my) shooting.
    Rod

20. Goodrich

Goodrich Like a Sir

Thank you for all the information guys i'll definitely study up and try to implement all of the info and tips.