close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

G19 from STOCK to STIPPLE..picture adventure

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Genin, Apr 4, 2013.

1. silversport

silversport
    Expand Collapse

nice job Genin...

Bill

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. Genin

Genin
    Expand Collapse
    Designated Left

Thank you for all the compliments gents.

Scrappy,
    LOL. Nice.

TruthNotRelative,
    I hear you guys on the crater thing. I go very shallow with quick taps. Although I also think it looks better, I mostly do it because I am afraid going to deep with the stippling will cause some type of frame weakening. I'd consider mine more of a dimple than a crater lol.

11BTaz,
    My advice would be just to do it. I practiced on a vitamin container lid then did a polymer mag then just said screw it and did my own Glock. I've now done M&Ps, Glocks, XDms, Rugers, CZ, etc. Get a cheapo soldering iron and take your time. DO NOT let the iron rest on the polymer more than a quick tap or you'll burn deep. If you get good at it then it's an invaluable skill since you can stipple whatever you want and don't have to pay for it :).

3. Genin

Genin
    Expand Collapse
    Designated Left

breacher,
    Nice job. I also do that style and consider it more a carry texture.

Here's a Ruger I did with the swipe, sandpaper style:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. 11BTaz

11BTaz
    Expand Collapse

Yea that's what I was thinking about doing, just practiving on the magazine "speed loader they provide or on the factory case - so just quick taps in and out (like less than a half second) with a fine tip then? I really like the way your piece looks. Love the Gen3 frames but hate the Gen4's, even with the medium backstrap it doesn't feel the same. Maybe you should do a video of you stipling, so dudes like me will have a clue haha - like I said, I have no problem working on my Glocks, do everything except the sights now.

5. Genin

Genin
    Expand Collapse
    Designated Left

I'll try and make a video next time I do an actual gun. I have a couple buddies that are considering having me do their guns so when that happens I'll tape the process.

6. TruthNotRelative

TruthNotRelative
    Expand Collapse

I hear ya. Some people really go deep, with not as sharp a point, and that really does look like a crater. Yours is cool though. I went way to far on the mods on my last Glock lower.. I'm sticking with the stock lower for now because of that. I am a fan of stippling, just too afraid to tackle that again. If I acquire more Glocks, I'll give it a try again. I've heard many people who stipple really well state that they just "give it a quick tap".. as opposed to holding the iron there a bit too long.

7. Comedian

Comedian
    Expand Collapse

That came out great!

8. iconia

iconia
    Expand Collapse

9. Taphius

Taphius
    Expand Collapse

I like to do my own too, just finished this a few minutes ago on one of the px4 storms (used) i got this past week.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

#29 Taphius, Apr 6, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2013
  10. Genin

Genin
    Expand Collapse
    Designated Left

Thank you guys.

Taphius,
    That looks great. Very clean lines. I'm pretty sure it's a crime to put that PX4 on a Glock box though lol.

11. Taphius

Taphius
    Expand Collapse

:tongueout:

Actually picked up two 9mm storms this week at some pretty good prices, one made in 2008 (LE model according to SN) the other in 2012.

Can't believe how smooth these triggers are. I converted the stippled one to decock only and may use it for appendix carry when it proves itself.

12. Jeffrey Lebowski

Jeffrey Lebowski
    Expand Collapse
    Not a golfer

x2 (or 3).
    I clicked on this fully expecting to see yet another ruined gun, and was quite surprised! Great work. Not my thing, but very clean and looks good.

13. Genin

Genin
    Expand Collapse
    Designated Left

Taphius,
    The PX4s I've shot have been absolute tack drivers for me.

Lebowski,
    Thank you the dude.

14. 11BTaz

11BTaz
    Expand Collapse

Well I practiced on the mag loader and it came out alright, didn't really improve grip for me until I took a piece of stair tread and sanded it down a bit, BIG difference for the better. Did you sand down the grip at all after you finished? If so what grain paper? thinking I may have to try to find a fine tip sodering iron because I like the way yours looks better than what I have now (the mag loader). Want to make sure I'm absolutely positive on all details before I work on the actual gun.

*I'll try to post a pic later of the mag loader, it came out "okay", not bad for 1st attempt.

15. Infidel4life11

Infidel4life11
    Expand Collapse

Hell yeah!!! Great job.

16. Hondo341

Hondo341
    Expand Collapse

I think All of you did a wonderful job. I would not trust myself to do that at all!

17. 1983weatherby

1983weatherby
    Expand Collapse

Great job! I really like my gen4, so I can't come to do that to my firearms.

18. Deployment Solu

Deployment Solu
    Expand Collapse
    Kydex Crafter

Nice work!!