close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

G17 - need really good grips

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Tackleberry90, Aug 5, 2012.

Tags:
  1. So I have sweaty hands. What are good grips that will really get me to lock this G17 in place? Sandpaper like? Short strings of fire I am fine. Long string the 17 starts jumping a little in my hand. I have a good vise grip as far as technique.

2. SJ 40

SJ 40

Jan 17, 2011
    Vermont
    I use Decal Grips,the rubberized version and find they give me a great hold on the gun.They don't add bulk/girth like Pachmayer or Hogue's do.
    http://decalgrip.com/ SJ 40

Last edited: Aug 5, 2012

3. ImpeachObama

ImpeachObama Fuhgettaboutit

Dec 31, 2010
    Fuhgettaboutit
    Talongungrips- use them and even give them to friends. They are now about $15, but less when you buy more.

4. Stippling. Makes the whole grip like a cats tonuge.

[​IMG]

5. gocubs6

gocubs6

Aug 16, 2010
    bicycle innertube. cheap and you can make about 20 grips.

6. SouthpawG26

SouthpawG26

Sep 4, 2004
    Suriname
    If you have big ish sweaty hands and are looking for one time purchase, the Pachmayr Tactical Glove may be an option. Its less than 15 bucks, looks better than the bicycle tube and it has tactical in the name, so it must be good...:whistling:

I like them on carry guns, though I use skateboard tape type stickons on match guns (Trugrip, Talongrip etc).

7. Tacoma12

Tacoma12 The Dude Abides

Apr 3, 2012
    South Florida

+1. I have them on all my Glocks, and if you dont like 'em you can just peel them off. Also check Talon grips. Some guys swear by them.

8. Pierre!

Pierre! NRA Life Member

Jun 20, 2003
    Lovin Sparks Nv!
    Skateboard Tape is *awesome*... and it comes in cRaZy Colors if you want.

I picked up a set of the decal grips and used em to colorize my Glocks.

Red for the G34, Green for the G35.... that way I always had the right ammo at the competition too! (LOL)

So there are lots of options out there... including some really aggressive 3M anti-skid floor/step tape.

HTH

Patrick

9. JonInWA

JonInWA

Apr 4, 2004
    Auburn, Washington
    A mountain bike innertube segment has done quite nicely for me; I use them on my G17, G34, and G21. At the most, a new tube will run you about $5, and more than likely your local bike shop will give you one with a puncture gratis.

Best, Jon

10. ImpeachObama

ImpeachObama Fuhgettaboutit

Dec 31, 2010
    Fuhgettaboutit
    I guess I swear by them. New Glock immediately gets Talon's.
    That's why I give them to a few friends. They love them and look at me like, where did you get these?

11. MeGSXr750

MeGSXr750

Feb 24, 2011
    Get a g17 RTF2!! No need to add anything, best Glock grip there is.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2012
  12. This...

13. glockenturm

glockenturm

Jan 26, 2010
    ATX
  14. multo17

multo17

Sep 10, 2009
    RGV, TEXAS

I have a Talon Grip on my G17 & G21, & it's nice. But I didn't know they became kinda pricey! I also like Limbsaver pro grips. I have these on most of my Glocks!:cool:

15. ron59

ron59 Bustin Caps

Jan 3, 2009
    Smyrna, GA
  16. multo17

multo17

Sep 10, 2009
    RGV, TEXAS

Yes! :cool:

17. Arc Angel

Arc Angel Deus Vult!

Sep 20, 2003
    Penn's Woods
    I used this for years:

[​IMG]

(And I've got the worn fabric on many of my cover shirts and jackets to prove it!) :supergrin:

I tried A-Grip and discovered that, while I liked the feel, it didn't stand up well to regular gun cleaning, gun solvents, or gun oil. So I got rid of the several A-Grips I had.

Finally I switched to the Pachmayr, 'Tactical Grip Glove' and have never looked back.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

(I've got arthritis in my hands, now; and I'm still shooting pistols as well as I ever have. These grips have something to do with that.) ;)

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Lyman-Pachmayr-Tactical-Grip-Glove/dp/B00359T3CE"]Amazon.com: Pachmayr Tactical Grip Glove: Sports & Outdoors@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/4177O3ULMTL.@@AMEPARAM@@4177O3ULMTL[/ame]

18. I did too. Now, everything that will take stippling, gets it. The difference is night and day, and it doesnt wear off.

I still use skateboard tape on things that dont, but Im really starting to think about "hard" stippling. :supergrin: