close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

G17 Full Strip, help put my mind at ease

Discussion in 'Gunsmithing' started by swat220, Mar 31, 2010.

Tags:
  1. swat220

swat220

Dec 30, 2009
    CNY
    So I just completed my first full G17 tear down so that I could clean it all up back to new. There's a few thousand rounds through it so I thought it would be a good idea.

I used the Glock Unofficial Armorer's Guide which was very comprehensive and take down and reassembly went very smoothly. Here;s my problem though. After I reassembled the gun I did a dry fire test and it seemed to me that the trigger might be rubbing against something. The first stage of the trigger pull seems to be a little tighter than I remember, almost as if it's rubbing against something halfway through.:upeyes:

Now this could in fact just be my own brain being really sensitive and pretending like something isn't the same as it was but I can't be sure so my question to anyone who thinks they can help me is this: Is there supposed to be some resistance half way through the first stage of the trigger pull or did I possibly mess something up? If I did how can I fix it?

I took apart a few more times and nothing looks out of order at all. I wish I had another Glock to compare it with. Your help is MUCH appreciated

Last edited: Mar 31, 2010
  2. Jeff82

Jeff82 NRA Benefactor CLM

Feb 25, 2002
    USofA!
    Your firing pin safety spring didn't get in sideways, did it?

3. swat220

swat220

Dec 30, 2009
    CNY
    Dude you are AWESOME! That was exactly the problem! I can't thank you enough

4. If you take the little spring and rotate it while inserting it into the plunger it will lock in place. Mine locks while rotating counter clockwise. That Gaston Glock is smarter than some give him credit for.

5. JohnKSa

JohnKSa

Sep 8, 2000
    DFW Area, TX
    Yup, push and twist and it will click into place and stay there. That is actually part of the assembly process. Leaving the spring loose is not recommended--it should be locked into the firing pin safety before assembly.

6. swat220

swat220

Dec 30, 2009
    CNY
    Thanks to all responders. I appreciate the advice.