close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

G17 Desert Storm commemorative

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by PhotoFeller, Jan 25, 2013.

Tags:
  1. PhotoFeller

PhotoFeller

Nov 18, 2010
    SW Florida
    I recently came across a G17 with Desert Storm engraved on the slide in large letters. It's the only one I've seen, and I'm looking for some info about this special run's history (if it was a special run).

Please share any info you may have about this gun. I'm wondering how many were produced, when, for whom. If they're as scarce as I suspect, one in very good condition might be worth...how much...ballpark?

Last edited: Jan 25, 2013

2. stolenphot0

stolenphot0 RTF2 Addict

Jan 26, 2012
    Kettering, OH
    Go over to the Sub-forum for these. They are real, and limited, but don't seem to be desirable to the point of being worth more than $500-600 last I saw. In these turbulent times, maybe more.

3. PhotoFeller

PhotoFeller

Nov 18, 2010
    SW Florida
    Thanks. I don't own this one yet, but the info might help me make an offer. Actually, I think the asking is $600.

Any idea when they were made?

4. bac1023

bac1023

Sep 26, 2004
    PA
    I'm not big on special editions or commemoratives, but some people love that sort of thing.

5. TACLOAD

TACLOAD

Oct 19, 2008
    Secret
    That has been sold. It lasted 2 days. Went to a Desert Storm Vet who had been looking for one for awhile.