close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

G17 ccw

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by SCmasterblaster, Jul 17, 2011.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SCmasterblaster

SCmasterblaster Millennium Member

Sep 24, 1999
    Hartford, Vermont
    I wore my G17 at 11 o'clock under my belt and pants. I was wearing a pair of shorts. I stood up at church, and the gun fell out of my belted location, and I had to grab the gun through my shorts fabric to keep the gun from falling on the floor. It was never exposed. I went home and immediately put the rubber grip back on. The G17 now stays in place securely.

Whew!

Last edited: Jul 17, 2011
  2. ATW525

ATW525

Sep 17, 2006
    Concord, NH
    There's actually a nifty new fangled invention that solves this problem. I believe it's called a holster.

3. SCmasterblaster

Sep 24, 1999
    Hartford, Vermont
    No holster needed. The rubber grip fixed things just fine. BTW, there is NO holster available that duplicates the carry that I use. The angle is too odd for any holster. AND, as I have said for the third time, the rubber grip has fixed things just fine. No holster is needed.

4. collim1

collim1 Shower Time!

Mar 14, 2005
    USA
    Okay, so Mexican carry.

Hasn't GT long ago reached a consensus that this is a STUPID way to carry.

Carry the gun right or dont carry it.

5. samuse

samuse

Jul 30, 2008
    South TX
    That's why I always go shoot a match instead of going to church on Sunday morning.

6. SCmasterblaster

Sep 24, 1999
    Hartford, Vermont
    I say again for the third time, the rubber grip fixed things fine. I can carry ala mexicana, just fine, and I say again, there is no holster available that comes anyway near the angle and concealability that I have now. AND I SAY FOR THE FOURTH TIME NOW, THE GUN IS NOW FIRMLY IN PLACE WITHOUT A HOLSTER.

7. I hope you're not carrying a Glock IWB aimed at the lilly with one in the chamber and no holster! Abraham comes to mind.

8. Forgot to add. I have a Kydex holster that's almost as thin as Mexican carry. I've carried my 17 that way but the trigger is covered.

9. paineater

paineater

Mar 16, 2011
    TEXAS
    Google search "Dale Fricke holsters" His archangel holster allows for AIWB(appendix in the waistband) carry

10. SCmasterblaster

Sep 24, 1999
    Hartford, Vermont
    My trigger is covered just fine. A leather belt and pants cover the trigger just fine.

11. whitebread

whitebread ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Nov 29, 2010
    Raleigh, NC
    Why not at least get that MIC product that protects the trigger. You are going to shoot yourself carrying that gun Mexican style.

12. 3rdgen40

3rdgen40 .45 fanatic

May 3, 2008
    Arkansas
    Never try to grab a falling gun.You are lucky you didn't cause an ND.

13. Triple7

Triple7

May 30, 2011
    1. Do you carry it like that so the girls think the barrel is you bulge?
    2. Why not a 26 or 19....
    3. Why post this if you solved your problem

14. SCmasterblaster

Sep 24, 1999
    Hartford, Vermont
    Not true. I have the slide retracted a tenth of an inch by my "Otapin" invention. The trigger and striker are deactivated. The Otapin is connected to a one-inch key ring hanging around the top of the G17. If I need to shoot the gun, I simply grab the keyring and yank the Otapin out. It also works anywhere else that the gun is located in my one-person apartment.

15. paineater

paineater

Mar 16, 2011
    TEXAS
    Dale Fricke also offers a holster called "Zack" which is basically just a kydex trigger guard that allows mexican carry with the added safety of the trigger being covered. There are holsters available that allow for the same angle and concealability as mexican carry. Choosing mexican carry is one thing, but saying there are no holsters available to accomodate this style or position of carry is simply not true. One Source Tactical carries Dale Fricke holsters.

16. SCmasterblaster

Sep 24, 1999
    Hartford, Vermont
    Does it allow an eight o'clock carry?

17. paineater

paineater

Mar 16, 2011
    TEXAS
    Yes sir, it allows for anywhere on the clock.

18. I can see it now on Youtube. The whole congregation scattering out of the church. The preacher passing them up with a window blind tangle around his neck. Screaming dam a place that ain't got but one door!

19. SCmasterblaster

Sep 24, 1999
    Hartford, Vermont
    Well then I am interested.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2011
  20. SCmasterblaster

Sep 24, 1999
    Hartford, Vermont
    I say again for the second time. The gun was never exposed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.