close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

G 22 magazine sticky

Discussion in 'Gunsmithing' started by BobbyS, Feb 27, 2010.

1. BobbyS

BobbyS Truth always sounds like lies to a sinner

Feb 14, 2010
    Boonies New Mexico
    Hello, new here to GT great forum!

I have a G22 and the magazine is very hard to remove. Is this common with a G22?

I see people shoot competitions with Glocks but if their magazines are as hard to remove as mine they would be pretty slow.

Thanks for any help.

BobbyS

2. theGreenAggie

theGreenAggie

Jan 16, 2009
    DFW
    I've never had any problem like that... I've got 6 mags for my G23, never any problem with them...

Sorry dude!

3. Brucev

Brucev

Jul 19, 2009
    I do not mean to sound like a smart Alec but take your 22 to a gunshop that has some 22's in their display case. Explain to them your problem. Ask if they will allow you see if any of their G-22 magazines demonstrate the same problem in your pistol. It may be that your magazine or magazine catch have a manufacturing oddity that is causing problems with lockup. If it turns up that your magazine has a problem, contact Glock and see how to proceed. If the problem is with your pistol, use the same procedure. JMHO. Sincerely. Brucev.

4. mteagle1

mteagle1

Oct 17, 2008
    Great Falls, MT
    Need more info, is it 1 magazine or both that came with the gun? Does it do it empty or loaded? Empty it should fall out with a press of the mag release. Hopefully it is not a reconditioned LE only mag (I have 6 that are not drop free).

5. Bullfighter

Bullfighter

Jan 20, 2010
    Hmmmm. I was just about to reply stating that I have one mag that is difficult to eject but the others work great. You know, it just happens to be an LE mag. So these are not supposed to drop out?

6. ctaggart

ctaggart

Dec 4, 2007
    How old is the mag? The really old ones didn't have a steel liner and would swell when loaded up. You should be able to see the steel liner through the witness holes on the back of the mag.