close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

G-21 Problems

Discussion in 'GATE Info & Announcements' started by 18Bgunsmith, Jan 31, 2012.

1. 18Bgunsmith

18Bgunsmith

Jan 27, 2012
    Matt from NC here. My first post to the forum. I have a G-21 (.45 ACP ) that the slide won't hold back when the magazine is seated firmly during reloads. I replaced the recoil spring and the slide stop. Still no good. Does anyone have any thoughts on this subject? Great to be here.

MM

2. when you firmly seat the magazine, it is pushing up on the slide stop and releasing the slide...welcome by the way...the GLOCK 21 is one of the best...

...is yours a new pistol???...might break in a bit after some shooting...

I usually push the magazine into the mag well until it clicks...I have rarely if ever had the slide on a pistol release but I am reading more and more about people experiencing what you describe with all semi autos and wonder what has changed in the world...hopefully this is your issue and it goes away so you can just enjoy a well built, accurate, lightweight for its payload, big bore GLOCK...

Bill

Last edited: Feb 4, 2012

3. stephansnow

stephansnow

Sep 24, 2005
    Puerto Rico
    So your slide releases when you slam the magazine in? That is perfectly normal if it only happens when you really hit it home.

4. silverado_mick

silverado_mick

Nov 30, 2006
    My 21, my 30, and my old 22 all do the same thing most of the time. You are seating the mags hard enough to jar the slide loose from the slide stop. I certainly don't count on it happening, but when it does I just roll with it because it eliminates a step from my reload process and gets me back in the fight that much faster. There's nothing wrong with your pistol.

5. repo4sale

repo4sale

Jul 26, 2011
    California
    My best gun is my 45ACP=G21Compensated.
    Have 4 barrels:
    1=Factory Compensated,
    2=Factory Non-compensated,
    3=Stainless Non-compensated=4 junk bullets
    4=50Cal Top Slide!="Glock Desert Eagle" equivalent!
    Looking to get the 10mm Top slide NEXT!!!
    Have G23, G27, G26(40cal top slide) & 22cal Slide for Baby Glock (550 rounds=$20)
    40cal for carry & 45ACP for home safety
    Got rid of all other guns, except a 9mm Taurus PT91FS from 1992

6. silverado_mick

silverado_mick

Nov 30, 2006
    Um...cool story bro...

:upeyes:

7. SmithietheFox

SmithietheFox Stoner63A

Feb 28, 2011
    Richmond, VA
  8. KK40384

KK40384

Jun 19, 2009
    Michigan
    So out of all those guns you decided to keep the Taurus? Really?

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

9. ebadai98

ebadai98

Jan 17, 2012
    :offtopic:

10. porschedog

porschedog

Sep 29, 2009
    Welcome to GT and the 21 club. I really enjoy my 21. I have relative small ahnds and "the experts" all said the 21 would not be comfortable for me to shoot. As usual, they were wrong. I'll warn you - the 45 Glocks are addictive. If you try a 36, chances are you'll own it shortly thereafter. That's a good thing, btw :)