close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

G-20 lone wolf barrel problem.

Discussion in 'The 10 Ring' started by jlmomaha, Jan 17, 2010.

1. jlmomaha

jlmomaha

Mar 8, 2009
    Hello, I have been a member here for a while, I am a SBO in Omaha Ne and opened an account with LWD, I placed some orders for my G-20 as I believe in testing the products I sell. I have a machining background and am a gunsmith, here is a list of issues with LWD.
    I ordered a 6" barrel, the chamber edges were un-broke and so sharp that they cut into the brass cases and would not feed.
    the larger oval LWD mag release was impossible for me to put in.
    I call my LWD Dist and tell him, he says he will ask the big guy about it. I hear nothing for a couple weeks, finally I call him back and say ok can I stone the chamber mouth edges and see if that will work or will that void my warranty, he says go ahead, and that he will get back to me about that mag release. Another week goes by, I send an E-mail letting him know that the barrel is not working properly. Another 2-1/2 weeks go by then I get an e-mail saying “hey you need to go have a gunsmith work on that for you“...
    I could not believe it, I thanked him for his time and that was the last time I e-mailed or called him, I was so disappointed.. I am posting this here because this problem pertains to products bought and used on my G-20, and I wanted to share this with other owners of this excellent weapon..
    If you have had this problem please let me know what ever came of it..

2. 527varmint

527varmint

Aug 9, 2009
    LW quality control is not the best these days. Should contact LW directly by phone they would probably resolve it with a new barrel right away.

I only really have one thing to say.... KKM

3. jlmomaha

jlmomaha

Mar 8, 2009
    lol.. I delt directly with LWD thats why this is such a tragedy there was no middle man to blame..lol

4. I had a similar experience when i was trying to buy a g 20 barrel without the logo. This about 1 year ago. I kept getting the response they would be a couple of weeks. I kept emailing and calling in and kept getting the same answer. They were polite. Finally canceled my order after several months of waiting. I purchase a storm lake barrel now i have a KKm 40 conversion.

I have to think they are overwhelmed with their ever growing business. I still will probably get the long slide when i am ready as they are the only game in town.

I would hope that they would keep up with their customer service.

5. JR

JR Moderator Millennium Member

Dec 29, 1998
    Oldtown Idaho USA
    I just received a link to this thread. I am attending SHOT Show in Las Vegas. Unfortunately I will not be able to do anything about this complaint until my return. I ask that you email me direct (lonewolf@lonewolfdist.com) at that time so I can look into this problem and resolve it ASAP. If you are dissatisfied with the product and tired of waiting I highly recommend you return it for a complete refund. Just include a copy of this note and I will see to it you get the refund immediately.

6. hill billy

hill billy Head Case

Mar 11, 2008
  7. hill billy

hill billy Head Case

Mar 11, 2008
  8. PBRLite

PBRLite

Jan 29, 2009
    Kansas
    Have been more than pleased with Lonewolf, can't say the same about TopGlock.

9. jlmomaha

jlmomaha

Mar 8, 2009
    I am sure the probablem I had is a rarety, I will post updates as to what transpires, but I am sure the problem will be resolved.

10. 527varmint

527varmint

Aug 9, 2009
    If the problems get up to JR then it will probably be resolved.

11. okent

okent

Dec 29, 2007
    JR posting here with a solution is just good business.
    Not every company does this.

12. LWD Armorer

LWD Armorer

Oct 3, 2006
    Oldtown
    Jlmomaha,
    You said “the larger oval LWD mag release was impossible for me to put in.”

Is this the one you purchased?
    http://www.lonewolfdist.com/Detail.aspx?PROD=932

You do understand you need to remove material from your lower receiver in order for the mag catch to fit?
    That is why under product info it says “Prices quoted are for the magazine release only, installation is not included. Use the LWD-AT3 Magazine Release Cutting Tool for installation or send us your frame and $30.00 (includes return shipping). Same day turn around for all magazine release modifications! Fits All 10mm and 45 ACP only (except G36) . Intended for use in G20,21,29,30”

13. jlmomaha

jlmomaha

Mar 8, 2009
    OK dont know how long you have been with LWD, but at the time I purchased my products all those cool tools and side notes werent there, at least I never saw them. The guy over there that was my distributor never informed me of this issue with the oval release, so apparently he knew not of this either being that when I called and asked him about this issue he didnt know what to tell me, and offered no tools or in shop work, they must not of had it back then. There are alot of new things up on that web site that was not there when I was dealing with them, so I understand the confusion some of the new guys are having. Their web site has changed considerably since back then, so although I am appreciative of the advice, please understand I am not a rookie, and that I deal with many companies, and lots of firearm equipment, and am a SBO in Omaha Ne doing this very thing..

The reason for my post was to inform others and see if they too had similar issues.

Thank you for your input though, it is apreciated..

14. LWD Armorer

LWD Armorer

Oct 3, 2006
    Oldtown
    Jlmomaha,

Been here since 1998.

Before we started to offer the Round Magazine Catch, we (we.. meaning, JR our Machinist, and I) designed the LWD Mag Release Cutting Tool. I personally took the photos and put them on our web site all at the same time. (Sorry you could not find the tool)

It would mean a lot to me if you could provide an order number. I want to know who the distributor is that can not remember to mention the design, how it works, and what tools/modification you would need in order to install our Round Magazine Catch. (They will be made fun of and reminded for at least a month)

If you still like the design of the Round Magazine Catch and want to use it please send in your lower. UPS 3 day select should not be more then $25.00. I will install and return your lower at no charge and ASAP. I hope this will help resolve the issue with the Round Mag Catch and the absent minded distributor.

15. Hunter1000

Hunter1000

Feb 1, 2009
    I ordered a LWD 6" barrel for my G20 and it has worked great. I reload and run some pretty hot rounds and it has kept the brass in good condition. I also received it in 3 days which I thought was excellant.

16. jlmomaha

jlmomaha

Mar 8, 2009
    I believe you are the Dan he referred too, if your the armorer he was talking about named dan and said that he forwarded my emails to you?.. I would rather not have the guy made fun of or disgraced, I wouldnt want an employee going postal on my conscience, and he was a friendly enough guy, so I would like to avoid disclosing his name. As far as the mag release I have gone another route, but appreciate your advice.. Also I have mailed that barrel back at the request of JR, could you answer for me, do all the chamber mouthes have the sharp edges? or was that a fluke? also I would like to have a replacement barrel, and if you guys do send one would you please first try it out in wone of your guys's g-20's?
    Thank you very much for any advice, insight and help in this matter..

17. jlmomaha

jlmomaha

Mar 8, 2009
    I mailed that barrel back, and sent 2 msgs to JR, have not got a reply yet but I understand how busy it can be, I think I will perhaps make a phone call to dan since his ext and # are up, and I will keep every one posted both here and on my other groups as to what happens..

Thank you
    Jerry..

18. LWD Armorer

LWD Armorer

Oct 3, 2006
    Oldtown
    Jerry,
    Your barrel came in on Friday. This is the first time I have had a chance to look at it. When you first started the GT post you said “I ordered a 6" barrel, the chamber edges were un-broke and so sharp that they cut into the brass cases and would not feed.” I can not duplicate these problems. The barrel is feeding and extracting fine, also no markings on the live or spent rounds.

Before returning the barrel were you still having these problems? Or,were these problems resolved when you made the modification to the feed ramp and chamber of the barrel?

Here are some photos of your barrel (left side) next to a brand new LWD-20L10 barrel (right side)

[​IMG]

If you want; I will try my best to smooth out the cut lines on the feed ramp and chamber before returning the barrel to you.

I have posted a link to a video. Below are the live and spent rounds from the video. I know in the photos you can not see much but trust me, in every photo I am rotating the rounds and moving them so you can see every part of the spent and live rounds. The only identifying marks are the normal feeding/extracting/ejecting marks you would get from any other gun/barrel manufacture. Nothing was cut or out of the ordinary.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here is the link to the video:
    http://s142.photobucket.com/albums/r98/glockm_35/?action=view&current=jerrysbarrel.flv

What would you like to do to resolve this issue?

19. now that was cool. doing a video of the barrel and its performance.

Hey I notice on youre link you have pictures of the glock lowers. I have yet to see them come out on the online store front. When are they going to be available, price point, any for the 20?

20. jlmomaha

jlmomaha

Mar 8, 2009
    Dan,your the man..lol
    that was awesome, yes i did stone it a little more after the last firing when i had the issues, it seems as though it may have helped, if you want to polish it up a smidge I would be greatful, if I may ask, would you happen to have the oal of that cartridge so I can compare it to the ones I shot I tried 2 different ones, and wonder if that may have contributed to the issues.
    again that is really kind of you to do such a comprehensive work up, wonder if the ones I used where long and pushed against the ramp upon chambering? I am at a loss at this point, proceed as you see fit, I have complete faith in your decisions..

again thank you
    Jerry..