close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

G 20 Gen 2 or 3

Discussion in 'The 10 Ring' started by purrrfect 10, Mar 22, 2012.

1. OK so I turned into a glock lover after buying my first last year a G20 10 mm my son just bought a gen 23 40 cal last week what a sweet pistol...My daughters husband just bought a used 2nd gen 22 40 yesterday. The Gen 2 is a really nice grip I was very Impressed and shoots like a gem.

Keep in mindI Love my Gen 3 G 20 10mm

So what do you guys think between Gen 2 and gen 3? the 2 at first felt a little cheesy of course I say that with a lite tongue because I'm have and I'm starting to love every glock i touch.

When i got my G20 10mm I did so because the 4's were coming out and I really didn't like the changeable back straps

Now after holding the full size gen 2 22 40 cal i think I have to find and get a gen 2 G20 10mm just cause.

am i nuts? Your thoughts

2. You are not nuts, much.

You MUST find every Gen 2 Glock you can, and buy them.

3. bac1023

bac1023

Sep 26, 2004
    PA
    I prefer Gen 2 Glocks from a looks standpoint. That said, the finger grooves don't bother me when shooting.

4. I love my Gen 2 G23. My friends that have shot it pretty much agree the grip is preferable to the Gen 3.

5. Brian Lee

Brian Lee Drop those nuts

Jul 28, 2008
    Up a tree.
    Mine is a Gen 3 and I like having the finger grooves a lot better than without them. Both in the way it feels and the way it looks.

6. Taterhead

Taterhead Counting Beans

Dec 13, 2008
    Boise, Idaho
    Not crazy. The grip thing is sort of a personal thing. The one consideration about the Gen 2 pistols is that some of the chambers seem to be really hogged out. I would not want one of those. Of course a barrel swap would fix that.