G-19 Backorder - Losing my mind

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Manpike15, Feb 25, 2013.

1. Manpike15

Manpike15
    Expand Collapse

Hi folks:

I am new to the game but have gotten the bug bad. Been shooting regularly since the beginning of the year. Made the decision to buy my first firearm (Glock 19 Gen 4) and have been on the waiting list for a month now.

This is ridiculous. I am being told to expect mid March now. I live in Miami and placed my deposit at Lou's Police Supply. It is suppose to be one of the best FLL shop's in town.

Anybody have an easier way to get a Glock-19 in Miami. I went to the FTL gun show and they were selling Gen-4's for $699 (absurd). And there was only one left in the whole show (even more absurd). I am losing it here.

Thanks!

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. DannyR

DannyR
    Expand Collapse
    Moderator Millennium Member

Take a number. Glock is a Global company. As of February 1st, they were backordered over 700,000 pistols. That is with both Austria and the USA working 24 hours per day, 5 days per week.

I work part-time at Virginia's largest firearms store, and we have zero Glocks for sale.

3. troysglock

troysglock
    Expand Collapse

Florida gun trader website. I use the Texas one but you have to be fast, and check it often.

4. JohnnyDB

JohnnyDB
    Expand Collapse

I also had my heart set on a G19 Gen4 but after waiting 8 weeks with no end in sight (4-6 more mos) I did IMO the next best thing and got a G26 Gen4. I'm picking it up today.

5. TravismPGA

TravismPGA
    Expand Collapse

I put my name on the list today, #1 on the list. Hopefully they come in quickly but who knows

6. billn

billn
    Expand Collapse

When I was at Glock in GA a few weeks back they said there was a 6 month back orders on Glocks.

7. glock1769

glock1769
    Expand Collapse

I was very fortunate...I sent an email to a LGS to get on the list. I had a reply that he had one for me within 3 days ! I went in with a guy I work with and we both walked out of there with one that day. Three days later...I got a call from a second place I had put my name on a list.

8. Batesmotel

Batesmotel
    Expand Collapse

Calm down.

You are new to shooting and finally decide to buy a gun during the period of highest demand in history. Don't be upset because there is a temporary shortage and defiantly don't blame the dealers. The only one to be upset with is yourself for waiting so long.

9. rednoved

rednoved
    Expand Collapse
    NRA Member

Would you say the same thing to people who just turned 21 recently? Not everyone on this board is some old guy with the capability to put years of stockpiling under their belts.

I'm 24. I haven't had the opportunity legally for long. I see quite a few posts where people say you only have yourself to blame, and that just isn't the case. It's the panic buyers and people causing the panic. This time last year was very calm. Up until November I could pretty much find anything I wanted at a fair price. I don't know the OP's story, but you should at least consider many people did not have the same options as you before you make baseless statements.

10. BMiracletx

BMiracletx
    Expand Collapse

It will be worth the wait!

11. MLittle

MLittle
    Expand Collapse

I think Everyone needs to take a deep breath.......................and relax. Like other firearm "panics" in the past, this one will also pass with time. Little or no legislation will come to pass....suppliers will catch up with demand and there will be ample supplies in the pipeline. Don't be lured by this situation to pay over market price for anything....just be patient. My forecast is that by this time next year things will look a lot better.

12. BMiracletx

BMiracletx
    Expand Collapse

I agree...

13. Sdk8103

Sdk8103
    Expand Collapse

That may be true, but I think it all depends on where you go and I think the better, larger quantity dealers, have placed big orders when they saw what was happening and are probably getting preferential treatment. I only waited 3 weeks for a 19 here in Charlotte from a large dealer (they claim to be the largest independently owned dealer in America with normally 7,000 guns in stock).

Shop around. You'll likely have to wait, but considering the demand I think they are doing pretty well.

#13 Sdk8103, Feb 25, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2013
  14. Batesmotel

Batesmotel
    Expand Collapse

Yes I would. Sometimes timing sucks. Plan ahead and be patient. How does getting mad at the manufacture or dealer help?

15. billn

billn
    Expand Collapse

Back orders do not mean guns are not being shipped out every day. It is just if an order is placed today there is a 6 month delay.

16. rednoved

rednoved
    Expand Collapse
    NRA Member

I agree with you about getting mad at the manufacturer or dealer. How do you plan ahead if you turned 21 in January? Straw purchase? How can you possibly blame a 21 year old for not purchasing sooner?

17. DannyR

DannyR
    Expand Collapse
    Moderator Millennium Member

Glock is shipping about 15,000 new Glocks per week. Just keep in mind that their primary business is Military and Law Enforcement.

18. Sebass

Sebass
    Expand Collapse

Personally, I can't wait for all this proposed Gun Legislation to blow over and for the market to be FLOODED with 'used' GLOCKS :)

19. Batesmotel

Batesmotel
    Expand Collapse

Well you could just cry and stamp your feet like a child.

What? Is the entire free market system supposed to change because someone is having a birthday? Welcome to the real world. Sometimes things are unavailable. Be patient.

20. Sdk8103

Sdk8103
    Expand Collapse

I think $699 is very reasonable if someone doesn't have the patience to wait. Supply and demand rules are in full effect in most places. When I ordered my 19 they were quoting 6-8 weeks and given the frenzy these days I would have been happy if it showed up in 8 weeks. If don't want to pay a premium sit back and relax, the phone will ring before you know it.