close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

G 17 Gen 2 erratic ejections

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by tacmc6, Feb 11, 2012.

1. tacmc6

tacmc6

Just obtained a G 17 gen 2. We have (11) Glocks in our family and have shot them for years. This particular G17 gen 2 has very erratic ejection patterns. Sometimes right, back to the head and some to the left. We practice with WWB 115 gr and it works great in all the others. Gun shoots everytime and is reliable but very erratic----any suggestions. (ser. #AVVxxx)

2. Radian

Radian

I own a pistol of the same make and have a palette of UMC through it over the years as an IDPA SSP gun. They are very , very reliable.

Ejection patterns have become a recent internet fad, like lol cats and dancing fat kids with light sabers.

If its used replace every spring in the gun as a matter of safety, who knows how many rounds are on them. That means all of them (safety plunger, extractor depressor, all of them).

Detail strip and clean it when you swap springs. 20 years of carbon around the ejector could be causing an issue.

After a good cleaning if it still does eject with enough vigor you could run an ISMI 15lb spring to increase slide velocity on crap range ammo .

Before reading this forum I never noticed brass unless in went down my shirt or something. If it still ejects "funny" ignore it, thats what i do.

Or you could start swapping parts (they are plentiful and cheap) or send it back to be serviced.

I would expect to pay for shipping for a gun that may have been made when MC Hammer was on the top 10.

Good luck.

3. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

Examine the extractor closely for a possible chip.