Glock Talk banner

Fusion ?

5K views 35 replies 11 participants last post by  army.matt 
#1 ·
I am thinking of having Fusion build me a 9mm. Bobtail commander and I wanted to know what the experts here on GT have to say about Fusion firearms. Also if anyone has one , please post pics.

#27 ·
I believe many of their kits have the plunger and ejector already installed. I'll have to check.

What specs are you looking to go with?

Commander, full size, longslide?

I don't think he does any bull barrel setups, but you probably don't want that anyway.
They most certainly do offer those items pre installed on their kits. But, if you opt to buy all the pieces for the frame separately, they will install them for a nominal fee along the lines of 20 dollars each.

To answer your question about what I want to buy in terms of size, I really haven't decided yet. I better hurry up though. I started my Kimber build up as a blue print as to what I wanted to achieve with my Fusion build. Now that I think of it more, I kind of miss having a Commander sized gun. I don't know if I will go with a bobbed frame because having a magwell extension is an important feature to me but I also love the look of a bobbed frame. Having a bull barrel isn't that important to me. I did like the way it tooked on my old CDP but I prefer function over form anyway.

So, all I can say is :dunno:

#28 · (Edited)
They most certainly do offer those items pre installed on their kits. But, if you opt to buy all the pieces for the frame separately, they will install them for a nominal fee along the lines of 20 dollars each.

To answer your question about what I want to buy in terms of size, I really haven't decided yet. I better hurry up though. I started my Kimber build up as a blue print as to what I wanted to achieve with my Fusion build. Now that I think of it more, I kind of miss having a Commander sized gun. I don't know if I will go with a bobbed frame because having a magwell extension is an important feature to me but I also love the look of a bobbed frame. Having a bull barrel isn't that important to me. I did like the way it tooked on my old CDP but I prefer function over form anyway.

So, all I can say is :dunno:
True. I like both bull barrels and bushing setups. Bull barrels have a tighter lockup, generally speaking, because there is only the one tolerance point, whereas a bushing setup has two.

#30 ·
True. I like both bull barrels and bushing setups. Bull barrels have a tighter lockup, generally speaking, because there is only the one tolerance point, whereas a bush setup has two.
Thanks for that tid bit of info on bull barrels. I was unaware. I'm so very torn about getting a Commander VS a 5 incher. Maybe I will let fate decide (flip a coin).

#32 ·
I just talked with Bob Serva again via email. They have had one of my guns for refinishing for a couple of months (it was supposed to be done in a few weeks but things must have picked up there). It hasn't been a big deal b/c I have been in the middle of a move and haven't been able to follow up on it but I am looking forward to getting it back and being able to contribute some to these Fusion threads.

#33 ·
I just talked with Bob Serva again via email. They have had one of my guns for refinishing for a couple of months (it was supposed to be done in a few weeks but things must have picked up there). It hasn't been a big deal b/c I have been in the middle of a move and haven't been able to follow up on it but I am looking forward to getting it back and being able to contribute some to these Fusion threads.
Cool.

My Pistol Dynamics has been in finishing phase for nearly three months now. :sigh:

#35 ·
...Dont tell me to just buy one...

Just buy one. :supergrin:

Seriously, there are some neophytes that can watch a video and then build a 1911. That would be about three people in the USA total. :whistling:
The tools are expensive, the work is precise and requires much patience. I would recommend getting the Kunhausen 1911 book first & then watching a video or two. Better yet if you have a local 'smith that knows 1911´s and will let you watch.

I say this as I have known many people who started out to do this and either gave up or f&%$%# up the work so bad that it was pathetic.

It ain´t as easy as it looks. :wavey:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.