close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Fusion Firearms?

Discussion in '1911 Forums' started by freedom790, Jun 24, 2010.

1. freedom790

freedom790
    Expand Collapse

I was browsing around the internet not too long ago and saw the Fusion Firearms website. Their 1911s look impressive, I must say. Was wondering if anyone has had any experience with Fusion 1911s.

**edit: I did search GT for some reviews and it turned up nothing, but a google search just brought up a GT thread. I'm still all ears though.

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
    #1 freedom790, Jun 24, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2010
  2. Quack

Quack
    Expand Collapse
    Rent this space

Waiting for Hail Caesar to chime in.

3. bac1023

bac1023
    Expand Collapse

Its in my avatar.

They're decent 1911s for the most part. I don't think they're anything spectacular, but good nonetheless.

The best part is that Bob will build you whatever you want. From a quality standpoint, there are better values for the prices they're going for these days.

4. VietVet1968

VietVet1968
    Expand Collapse

I have a 1911 Commander, Bobtailed, SS in .45 on order from him. Bob Serva used to be the head honcho at Dan Wesson until he struck out on his own with FF.
    Bob is a gentleman and a patriot. His work is unexcelled by any others in my opinion. If you order a gun from him don't expect to get an accurate delivery time however. As he said to me, "She's done when she's done and not before." he doesn't compromise the quality of his work to meet a delivery schedule.
    You cannot go wrong with Fusion Firearms.

5. freedom790

freedom790
    Expand Collapse

I've spoken with him through email and he quoted me for a 5" model. I was impressed with the pictures he sent me of an example of what mine would be like. I just didn't want to rush into something without exploring from every angle.

6. bac1023

bac1023
    Expand Collapse

I started a thread about Fusion last year, if you're interested.

http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1067505

It ended up getting locked, but we had some lively conversation before that.

7. glock2740

glock2740
    Expand Collapse
    Gun lover.

I like Fusion alot.

8. HAIL CAESAR

HAIL CAESAR
    Expand Collapse

I'm on vacation at the moment and don't want to spend a bunch of time on the box...

But my first Fusion took twice as long as promised and was a piece of trash. A new one was finally promised me and that one is not here yet. It was promised to be done by the end of February, but still not here.

I WILL be doing a big review of the new gun with enough pictures to choke a horse.... if the gun gets here before the end of times.

9. Hokie1911

Hokie1911
    Expand Collapse
    >

That was one of the better reads on here. :rofl:

#9 Hokie1911, Jun 28, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2010
  10. Hokie1911

Hokie1911
    Expand Collapse
    >

Yeah I was like 3,2,1...

11. bac1023

bac1023
    Expand Collapse

:rofl:

Yeah, it was a classic thread. :cool:

12. Substance-P

Substance-P
    Expand Collapse

I had a similar experience to Hail Cesar's. Thankfully, mine was a lot less costly though. I sent a gun from a semi-custom shop to Fusion for a refinish (because I had heard good things about Yukon Coat). My gun arrived back much later than promised. The finish was terrible (had some drips in where it dried). But that saddest thing was the front sight I asked for them to replace. The tritium was dim, so I asked for a new sight to be put in.

The sight that Fusion put in was staked like Helen Keller put it in after she had a few drinks. Instead of using a properly sized replacement sight, they drilled a second hole that made a figure eight with two overlapping holes! They then put a pin in at nearly a 45 degree angle. Furthermore, the sight was so high, you could place a playing card easily underneath it. It was a JOKE.

When I called to complain, they offered to refinish it again for free; however, they said the sight was fine since it was staked and insinuated that guns were made for shooting, not for looking at. I didn't want to go through another wait and to pay for shipping again (and Yukon coat looked like wet sand-not my cup of tea) So I paid the original company that built the gun to fix Fusion's mess.

Here are some pics after I got the gun back from Fusion and before I paid 450 to have it refinished correctly and to have a new sight put back in.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. HAIL CAESAR

HAIL CAESAR
    Expand Collapse

SubstanceP,

I have to agree with Fusion in your case.

There guns aren't worth looking at because they are for shooting...so that gives them the excuse when they have terrible workmanship and shoddy parts.

But then again Fusion's don't work to good either.:whistling:

14. BOGE

BOGE
    Expand Collapse
    Millennium Member

:rofl: :animlol:

15. BlayGlock

BlayGlock
    Expand Collapse

FWIW. I ordered a some of his parts a while ago that have yet to come in. Ive tried contacting several times to no avail. It is getting somewhat frustrating. It seems that they are very busy atm.

16. MD357

MD357
    Expand Collapse

After what HC has posted and shown me and an example I saw locally, there are MUCH better choices in that price range IMO. <---- I'm being as PC as I can here because I don't want someone with wet diapers calling me a troll.

#16 MD357, Jun 30, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2010
  17. Ruggles

Ruggles
    Expand Collapse

I have never seen or shot a Fusion, that won't change anytime soon after hearing how they build for and then treat some of their customers.

Mine might not be a the "fair" strategy to judge a 1911 company but why risk it when you can go with a Wilson or Nighthawk who are known for exceptional guns and you know what can of service you will get it you do have a problem.

Baer and Brown might not known be known for their exceptional customer service but at least they are known for exceptional 1911s.

Fusion does not seem to be known for either consistent quality or Customer Service.

#17 Ruggles, Jun 30, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2010
  18. HAIL CAESAR

HAIL CAESAR
    Expand Collapse

Your not missing much.

19. knedrgr

knedrgr
    Expand Collapse

was considering ordering a kit from FF. Now, hearing these stories, I'm glad I didn't give them the business.

20. Quack

Quack
    Expand Collapse
    Rent this space

#20 Quack, Jul 1, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2010