Furball Forum Guidelines - Read Before Participating Here

Discussion in 'The Furball Forum' started by Eric, Feb 26, 2008.

1. actually, I think this will be the death knell for global warming threads. (I can almost hear Eric crossing his fingers)

I don't argue with allan to try to convince him. I argue with allan so others (non-committed) can see how silly the alarmists' ideas truly are.

without the audience, there's no point in it, is there?

(perhaps Eric is wiser than his years :cool: )

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. Has this been reversed? I found Furball, RI, and PI in the New Post list just now. That's how I found Furball.

3. My first and last post here.

Can the paid members have a button to hide this forum so we don't ever get sucked in out of morbid curisoity. Please, please, please. :wavey:

I do think this is a great idea and makes lots of sense. In fact anything emanating from this thread should probably be ignored or deleted by moderators.

I would also suggest purging this forum every month or less.

4. Texas357

Texas357 Señor Member
    CLM

Perhaps this would be a good place to save resources, by, say, removing any thread in the forum that goes inactive more than 30 days?

5. itisbruno

itisbruno Devious Member
    CLM

Can I say poopy pants here?

6. I hope this will be the place all the Walmart WWB ammo threads end up as well.

7. Cali-Glock

Cali-Glock Mountain Man

:rofl: Thank you Jane!! So very often you make my day!

8. scratchy wilson

Silver Member

In that case,

got links? :animlol:

9. TBO

TBO Why so serious?
    CLM

10. Roogalator

Roogalator Senior Grackle

Eric, how about just outright banning the folks who continuously demonstrate their inability to follow the incredibly obvious and easy to comply with rules of the forum? If someone has neither the mental horsepower nor the will to abide by the house rules do you really want them here? What do they add to the site, other than unnecessary headaches for you and the moderators?

Rather than a membership of millions, some non-trivial portion of whom are jackasses, how about a more limited membership of people who are intelligent, thoughtful, considerate, and have useful things to add to the site? Quality, not quantity, is what makes a site worth repeat visits. I say this having just returned here from a long absence caused by what I perceived to be the site's steadily declining signal-to-noise ratio.

11. I Joshua

I Joshua What Me Worry?

your avatar rawks!

12. itisbruno

itisbruno Devious Member
    CLM

Thank you sir ... yours is pretty skeery

:thumbsup:

13. I have a feeling the per capita ratio of "people who shoud get banned" is going to be pretty high in this forum!

Oh well... It's easy enough to ignore. I'm just here because I had no idea what this forum was.

At least now there's a place where we know "if you go there, you know EXACTLY what you're going to get."

On the other hand, should people be able to start threads there? To me, it shows intent of "I'm gonna start a fight, so I might as well put it in the Furball."

If you know it's going to be a fight, why start it at all? Maybe those people should just get the big ol' boot.

Anyway, I'm rambling. Imout.

14. RonS

Millennium Member

I suggested this several years ago, similar to the "Blazes" forum on Baen's Bar where hotheads are sent when they can't keep it civil in the real forums.

I like it. I thought GNG had been uncommonly civil lately.

Now that I have said that, I am outahere, hopefully, never to return.

15. OAF without gloves............

I need a drink.

16. Clyde in CO

Clyde in CO LOL WUT?

This section should be called The Oubliette.

A place mods stick threads to forget about them.

17. Mnukedude

Mnukedude Lurking

Been watching old Jennifer Connelly movies I take it.

18. mitchshrader

mitchshrader Deceased

aight, i got a suggestion.

don't peeve Eric enough you get banned, and let that be your total ruleage.

i figure the worst offenders are self identifying, ya might make it a substantial wrist slap, say, a month for public indecency.. and a perm ban on idjits couldn't take a hint the first time.

i been running on that system a while and it's not perfect but it beats no system at all.

at some point it's about the bottom line anyway, so, call it that.

jerks get thrown off the bus for cause, Eric drives the bus, the TOS ain't invisible.

why make it complex? that first step is a doozy.. and the second one don't have a bottom to it. that gives any jerks time to contemplate their misdeeds and repent, or NOT.. and plenty time for tempers to cool off. . and if it happens twice WITH em, and not WITHOUT em.. ya got cher no brainer.

and if it happens with the OTHER guy, and them GONE..well, uh, that's kinda a no brainer too..:)

19. mitch... reading that made my brain hurt.

20. Dragoon44

Dragoon44 Unfair Facist
    Lifetime Member

I like the idea of this forum, personally it does not bother me when some people become less than civil, I will continue to answer their points if they choose to try and make them. Now rather than the thread simply be locked, it can be moved here.

Another idea to consider is to have a forum called "The Arena". you got two, (or even a couple) of posters that really want to duke it out on a particular subject then they could go at it in a forum where others could read their posts but not be able to respond. only the designated posters would be able to post.

Just a thought.